A trend I've noticed in ads.

More and more, I'm seeing in Agon ads sellers listing a piece as "new" when it is clearly not. Just a note of caution to potential buyers.
secretguy
Post removed 
My experience, as small as it is, is quite the opposite. I bought a few things "used" because I could not find a convenient dealer to buy new as I had initially wanted. Ads promised good condition but none said "new". All were much better than expected with two clearly being unopened. The other ones were opened but looked as if they had never left the box. Ok, one of them was a few years ago and not on Audiogon, but still.
I've had great luck with sellers honestly describing used items like speakers, amps , turntables and cartridgrs.
Overall, with stuff that I've BOUGHT it's all been great--the products and the communication.  In fact, I've never done a deal here that hasn't worked out.  I've had gear that didn't like--never any fraud or undisclosed issues/damage. 

Some adds of stuff I want but haven't bought seem to have funky sellers behind them.   Sellers who won't take an offer within 90-95% of ask, yet they want offers and don't say "firm" or I don't have much room.  I've had plenty of offers come in at 50-75% of my ask and always respond.   

Someone above mentioned the seller who is moving, <100 hrs, etc.  I hear that.  Yet, I also try to understand when a seller is trying to be honest in justifying their price.  
On the Audiogon grading scale, "New" means sealed from the factory.  Never opened.  That seems simple enough to understand.

"10/10" means less than a year old with NO signs of use or wear.  

It shouldn't be that hard to determine if your gear fits these descriptions, but some people do seem to have trouble with it.