Cary 805 questions; with Sonus Faber Amati Homage speakers

I just bought a pair of Sonus Faber Amati Homage speakers (92 dB efficient but some impedance dips in bass and treble). Looking for a good tube amplifier. I use a Thor TA-1000 preamp and listen to mostly vinyl (Sota Star Sapphire, Koetsu Rosewood Signature. Half jazz, the rest split between blues, classical and rock. I am quite allergic to any treble brightness but appreciate treble extension if it doesn't create fatigue. That said, I prioritize a rich, real midrange, and like a somewhat laid back stage perspective.

Stereophile described the Amati load as "The speaker is a moderately demanding load, however, as can be seen from its plots of impedance magnitude and electrical phase angle against frequency (figs.1 and 2). With a maximum of 7.8 ohms, but a value below 6 ohms in the midrange and below 4 ohms in the bass and high treble, a good 4 ohm-rated amplifier will be called for."

I appreciate any thoughts about other tube amps that might be good with the Amati's. Also I have questions about Cary 805 monos in particular because I have a chance to buy a pair locally:

1. Do the 805s have a forward presentation?
2. Do the 805 create "larger than life" images? I owned them for a short time quite a while ago and recollect that images were very big.
3. Does anyone know if they would work well with the Amatis?

thanks for any thoughts!
montaldo
George I think we are ships passing in the night. I will stop trying to rephrase my question. Thanks for your time anyway!
Well maybe the only way is to ask me if I believe in voodoo, the answer I’m proud to say is an emphatic no!

I know you wish your 805’s could, but I’ve owned 805 monoblock’s I know what they are capable of and measure like, and with this SF speaker load they would act like a tone control, they would be "listenable" but not capable of giving what those SF are really able to give to you!

Cheers George
Montlado... Cary 805 will work at a listenable level.  Small room moderate level will be good.  Midrange will be seductive and the highs will not be too edgy.  The concerns here is the bass, the 805 can not control the bass drivers. 

My recommendation is either the old Conrad Johnson premier 8 with 6550 tubes, or the new lp250 by CJ.  You can also look into the Vac 200-300.  Sonus Faber great match for push and pull tube amps or solid states.  Single ended will not quite move those drivers.   Happy Listening!  
Thanks zipost. I appreciate your specifics. Perfect bass is less of a priority for me so we will see. Luckily I have not bought the Cary's yet so I get a free listen ;)  If they don't work I will look at more beefy push pull designs.

Not certain if this will help, given the impedance swings of the Amatis, but- you might contact Speltz, or Ralph Karsten(of Atma-Sphere) and inquire. Ralph used to offer a transformer, in his product line-up. http://www.zeroimpedance.com/products.html As far as a, "rich" midrange: just pick some NOS British valves(Mullard, Brimar, Ediswan) to use in your input/driver stage, whatever tubed amp you choose. Generally speaking, they tend to warm things up, quite a bit.  The Cary 805's have 4, 8 and 16 Ohm taps and at 50 WPC, you may find a sweet spot to satisfy your tastes(if you're not into high SPLs).