Phono cable advice.

What are some good phono cable options for around $150ish and under? So far I’m looking at BJ LC-1 and Zu Audio Mission cables. This would be for between my Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Esprit and most likely (still looking) a MoFi StudioPhono preamp. I have an extra pair of Kimber Silver Streak cables but they don’t look insulated well enough. I’ll be running DH Labs Air Matrix from my preamp to KEF LS50 Wireless speakers. I’d like something I can grow out a little with as I incrementally upgrade things. Stylus (Blue 2M?) is probably next.

Thanks for any input.
asahitoro
Definitely, cartridge is much more important.
Despite the cartridge and cables the OP is using wireless speakers which is nonsense in analog chain.

Mogami (Jelco) is just a basic cable, nothing special, they are the cheapest, i’ve heard Mogami speaker cables and phono cables, not impressed at all, they are just like the free cables or like those from your local guitar shop. 

chakster1,919 posts10-16-2018 3:53pmPhono cable must be shielded, good cables have low capacitance anyway, so we don't have to worry about it.

With unshielded cables anyone can listen to a radio in the speakers, it's a free bonus of unshielded cables, i don't think this is what we need. 
I hear you Chakster.  Then again, I think the most learned and intelligent person here is Atmasphere.  If he speaks in definitive terms, I believe him.  And he said:  

atmasphere6,625 posts
10-16-2018 3:08pm
The reason you can make an unshielded cable work in a phono situation is that the cartridge is a pretty low impedance. Its hard for radiated noise to impinge the cable when such a low source impedance is present.
A further advantage is that unshielded cables have lower capacitance per foot, which is really helpful when dealing with the resonance that develops due to the cartridge inductance and the cable capacitance. 

If Atmasphere says not to worry about it, I'm going to heed his advice and worry about something else.  And, BTW, in my own experience, I am using unshielded silver cables, and they sound fantastic between my vintage TT and Manley Chinook.  I don't hear the local radio station because I don't have a tuner.

Therefore, it's not a fact that a phono cable MUST be shielded.  There may be specific situations where a shielded cable works better, but it isn't an absolute, and in fact may work better if NOT shielded for most situations.  IMO, and based on advice from Atmasphere.

@three_easy_payments, you’ve answered your own question and it’s that dreaded ’disease’ we audiophiles get called ’upgrade-itis’ and it looks as if you’re starting to get symptoms of it. But don’t worry cause it’s actually kinda fun.☺

@soudermn, I couldn’t agree more...IMHO

@soundermn

well, touch your unshielded phono cable by hand and let me know if you hear hum in your speakers at that moment.

Unshielded cables are problematic for Low Output Moving Coil cartridges, the signal of LOMC is under 0.3mV while the MM signal is 2-5mV. Low signal from MC is extremely sensitive, not like MM.

Not sure which type of cartridges do you use, probably MM or HOMC?

You don’t need a tuner to hear radio in your speakers with unshielded cables :))
It was very interesting when some spanish voice blabling something in my speakers when the tonearm was lifted up. This is because of the unshielded cable only. You never know. To be honest i’ve never seen unshielded phono cable, even those free cables that comes with cheap turntables are all shielded for phono signal.