Beware of new material claims - the case of graphene

Given that graphene is quite the in vogue material for audio applications I wonder how many (if any) of the vendors selling this are actually sourcing the real thing?

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2018/10/11/graphene-you-dont-get-what-you-pay-for
128x128folkfreak
I think I'll save my $$$ and stick with copper or silver and a good tight connection and pass on all the Graphene hype. As far as Graphene infused speaker diaphrams, well, I won't go there...Jim
Several comments on Graphene. 

Total Contact uses graphene; however, it has a proprietary other product in it that allows it to be a super conductor per the manufacturer as well as a process which melds the two to work concurrently.

In the SR Fuses, my amps have the 8 amp Blue SR fuses where the amps are rated for 5 amp fuses.  The manufacturer installed 5 amp breakers in place of his fuses.  The result is indistinguishable sonic differences.  Apparently, there is great validity in the fact the larger contact area of the fuse has a positive effect on the sound through transmission of more signal.  So, while the Blue SR fuse sounds great, so does a cheap metal breaker in its place.

There is no such thing as a room-temperature superconductor.... As far as I know, the highest temperature superconductors created this far require to be cooled at the temperature of liquid Nitrogen...

Beware of extraordinary claims!

G.

Â