Beware of new material claims - the case of graphene

Given that graphene is quite the in vogue material for audio applications I wonder how many (if any) of the vendors selling this are actually sourcing the real thing?

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2018/10/11/graphene-you-dont-get-what-you-pay-for
128x128folkfreak

There is no such thing as a room-temperature superconductor.... As far as I know, the highest temperature superconductors created this far require to be cooled at the temperature of liquid Nitrogen...

Beware of extraordinary claims!

G.

Whoa! Hey! Relax! Don’t flip yer gizzard. it’s just an expression. You know, as in Super Conductor. Which is a true statement. Graphene is a much better conductor than silver or copper ever thought of being.

Oh... Like in "this here graphite thingie makes 'em 'lectrons go real goodly"?!

Yeah, may be, but the word superconductor has a very precise meaning in physics.... And misuse of "superconductor" "graphene", and other such neo-trending words in marketing communications/advertisings leads consumers to trusting in pseudo-scientific fantasies.

G.

Let me remind you that he did not (rpt not) use the word superconductor. You did. Don’t be such a drama queen. If you don’t know the electrical properties of Graphene try Google.
Actually geoff, twas not guidocorona refering to Total Contact's claim of their product being a superconductor:

@fleschler  Total Contact uses graphene; however, it has a proprietary other product in it that allows it to be a super conductor per the manufacturer as well as a process which melds the two to work concurrently.

By very deffinition, Graphene is a micro thin layer (acording to guidocorona, a mono-atomic, layer) of carbon. That's what makes it Graphene and what allows it's extreme qualities. It can't be gooped up in a solution with something else and still be considered Graphene, or expected to posess the qualities of Graphine.
 Just sayn: Beware or fraudulent and perposterous claims.....Jim