REL Strata III - faint crackle/pop sounds

I've been very happy with my REL Strata III for many years. However, I recently started hearing a faint crackle/pop sound coming from it whenever it is powered on.

Any ideas for what I can try to do to diagnose the problem? Any recommended repair places? I can try Sumiko (USA distributor) but I would prefer a recommendation from folks on this forum before I send it to them.

Thanks in advance!
theasianmenace
Found this thread on a Google search. Am experiencing the exact same problem with the same Sub (Strata III).

Was your problem fixed with the $100 amp board replacement?

My issue appears to be isolated to the Hi-level input. Also unsure if it is related to the amp it's plugged into. Still debugging.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thank you.
My Strata III did the same thing about a year and a half ago.I removed the control/ amp assembly, sprayed contact cleaner in the on/off rocker switch, and worked the switch back and forth a few times. It hasn't made the crackling noise since.
Excellent! Thanks much for the reply. I will let you know if it solves my issue.
Try connecting a different set of speakers to your set up to make sure it's the speakers and not something else in the chain?
Try connecting a different speaker to your set up to make sure it's the speaker and not something else in the chain?