Zerostat Milty really?

Ok. So I have massive amounts of static at times when playing vinyl. So much so that it can pull my arm from my table (Thorens TD-124) onto the platter when removing the lp. I am worried I will ruin my stylus when it hits. So I bought the Zerostat and have been using it according to the instructions and the static is still out of control. Is this thing for real or what? Am I doing something wrong? Please help. 
fromunda
Simple test-do you grind your own coffee beans? If you do, you've experienced coffee bean grounds clinging to the catch-basin. Practice with your Milty Zerostat. If you don't see the clinging grounds drop off like dead flies, there is something wrong. 
I’ve had static on my records. I notice it when I lift the record off the matte and hear the static charge. Things I do to minimize it include wiping the matte lightly with distilled water. I also use a carbon brush from Bags Unlimited.

I do use a humidifier now that temps are dropping and the heat is on. I avoid paper sleeves and use MOFI inners.

The Zerostat did not work well for me either and I tried every procedure including holding it between my cheeks and walking slowly away from the TT while gently squeezing...

What worked really well (while I had it) was an anti-dust brush for negatives that I used in college (1970’s) when I was doing black&white negative developing in my kitchen. It may not be sold anymore because it had a small bit of radioactive material just above the bristles. I misplaced it and am still looking for it...

Just checked, the brush is still being sold: https://www.adorama.com/cpsmb1.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwx7DeBRBJEiwA9MeX_KT_5IEuluuu8ICYDJqJGc_Wx_036IXUW4...

It is expensive and Polonium has a 6 month half life so you will need to buy refills. 

I am going to try weaving a copper wire down the center of my carbon brush and run a connection to an outlet. That might work?
Buy an ion generator type air purifier and a humidifier. Problem solved! There are a number of anti static sprays, some of which are long lasting, some aren’t, if problem persists. I even have one, Sonic Tonic. Nordost has had for like forever.