Have you ever reversed your opinion on a piece of gear?

If so, what pice and what, if you can remember, made you change your mind?

Discuss...
128x128jbhiller
Yes, one piece of gear is notable.  The KEF LS50's, which are much heralded.  I had them for a month and could not stand them in my system.  They sounded harsh and my 175 wpc Plinius amp struggled to drive them.  I was happy to see them arrive and much happier to see them leave.  They were by far the most disappointing audio gear I have ever encountered, other than the silly uber expensive fuses I have demo'd... and sent back.  Just my take.    

I listen to records via an Ikeda 'Kai' mounted in on an Ikeda 'IT CR 407' tonearm on a substantial 40 kg turntable. I buy lots of second-hand vinyl and wanted a 'cheap' pickup to use for sorting out what records are playable and what are rubbish. After reading a review In Stereophile, I bought a 'cheap' Denon DL103 and a 'Musikraft' alloy body to mount the denuded Denon In. Anyway, the Denon sounded 'crap' and mistracked on records that my 'Kai' played, no problem. Very disappointing and a waste of money. I loaned it to a friend who used it for maybe 50-70 hours whilst he waited for his new pickup to arrive. Refitting the Denon into a spare headshell and giving it a whirl on some newly acquired vinyl, I had quite a shock. The mistracking was gone and the Denon now sounded Way better than any $250 pickup had a right to! I re read the review and, sure enough, the author said to give the 103 around 100 hours to breakin. The looks on friends faces when I tell them that the pickup making those amazing sounds cost me hundreds of $, not thousands, are priceless! 

I was about to sell my Martin Logan 13a (they sounded muddled, lacked definition) when I decided to play with the rake (tilt). I adjusted the spikes eliminating the rake. They now sound entirely different for the better. Definitely keepers.