No one actually knows how to lculate what speaker cable they need

It goes back to cable manufaturars, mostly provide no relevant data! to sales and the users. None will answer this!
Whay do you think that you own now the optimal cable to your setup?
I think I've figured it out. 

b4icu
Post removed 

Mr. glupson

Gentlemen don't argue about facts and feelings. So as a fact, 1.5% THD is not good. If someone likes it – Shall it be.

Audio as a concept has two ways to go:

The first would take the challenge to try reproducing the source as close as possible.

The second would claim, that this goal can't be achieved, so let's go for a sound we like.

I'm Ok with both ways to some extent.

It is hard for me to like a sound that I know up front it is contaminated with "bad" stuff:

High THD, high IMD, high background noise, limited bandwidth, limited dynamic range, bad DF etc'. Than when we go for tube it is also a life cycle that could be different by the day. I liked it so much last week but since, I can't get again the same sound…

At the same time, it is impossible to claim that a 1.5% THD is loyal to the origin! The origin had no THD. This figure is mostly get bigger as some is coming from vinyl with 3.5-5% THD and goes to a speaker that might have some THD too. Yes, people like it. I don't.

I've heard a say after a live concert that the piano sounds better on his system! Well, is it good for him, or not so good for him?

Looks like you have been visiting The Emotiva Lounge. It seems you have been making "friends" there too. It is beginning to seem you are trying to push your "secret formula" on us, in hopes of positive reviews so you can start selling speaker cables. You where a bit more revealing of your intentions over there.

"Tell me what amplifier and speakers you use, the desired length, and I'll tell you what AWG would do. I may also give you a quote for such a cable, if you would like to have one."

"I am not a cable manufacturer (yet)."

Yet you disparage cable makers here. Maybe, after all, you are just another cable maker with a different spiel ...

Emotiva Lounge

Post removed 

I may visit any lounge and as many I wish. I never in my life sold a cable. My story and claim is the same. Nothing had changed. I do disparage an industry (speaker cables) that has no idea of what they are doing, why one cable is better than another, tell a bunch of urban myths and charge an arm and a leg for that. Do you respect that? It looks that you do!

At least I can say that the dealers at the Emotiva Lounge were fair enough to come forward. Not like some other guys here that just fight me with anything they can grab, to throw at me. None of your accusations would stick. I am saying my truth, I always did.

You don't! even the excel tables were advertised in the oposite way you claimed. So you take bits from here and bits from there and try to get them alingned with your agenda, no matter what. Even if that is a lie.