Speakers for a very large room?

Reader of posts for a few years but have not posted a serious question until now. Currently have McIntosh integrated tube amp with some old KEF speakers. While I enjoy it in my current setting, I am moving to a house where my listening room will be 30' x 40' x 10'. It has polished concrete floors. Sounds like a grocery store but it is not. I suspect I will need to change speakers but really have no clue where to start. I listen mostly to progressive rock but also anything in the same general area. I don't know where to start with such a room? I am at least 3 hours from any major city. I did experience Treo CTs once and to bright for my ears and Wilsons but did not care for the visual appearance though liked the sound better. It was a few years ago so can't better define what I liked.  Not a great resume of listening experience but it is what it is at this point. For some reason, which may be completely wrong, I am thinking electrostatic may work well in this setting. I could easily move them 5 feet out from the back wall but then again I really don't know what I am talking about. Any kind comments would be appreciated.

Rich
ricmci
I recently moved to a house with no clear path to fine audio due to open plan, multi room flow, 10’ ceilings.
My speakers are MG 3.6 powered by Sim Audio Moon Pre/Amps, and have always sounded amazing throughout the house.  I intentionally made no audio decisions until after we moved in and got the furniture, etc. dialed in ... then start audio testing the space by moving a pair of whatever youre using now and moderate volume.  Listen for audible distortion odd reflections. 
My MGs, being line sources seem to make a stage in front, but create the sense that you are walking through adjacent rooms at a concert, like the classical opera house in Buenos Aires suggests.  ... 
more later ... please, first test your stuff in your new place before buying anything!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-JBL-SET-UP-COMPLETE/112595934272

You’re welcome....(You didn’t want that new car, did you? *G* ;)
Choice of amps and source material shouldn’t make much of a difference, but I would ensure the neighbors are  Very *ah* 'tolerant'....)
Just kidding, Rich. roberjerman1’s suggestion (if you’re interested in omni’s) for Walsh’s is good; better would be to go to:

http://www.hhr-exoticspeakers.com/HHRhome.htm

...and return to the ’originals’, brought into the 21st century. *S*

If you could ’do’ 4 with a nice ’quick’ sub for the 'bottom', the result would be nearly transcendent....IMHO.

Happy listening....*5’s*
Install your current system in the room. Listen.  If you don't feel the experience is equal to your current room sound, see if you can figure out why.  Re-position the speakers a few times.   If you still don't feel the sound is what you want, determine WHY--too much bass, too strident, etc. Equipment--even millions of dollars worth of equipment--isn't going to change your ROOM at all. Once you figure out how to make your current system sound like YOU want it to sound, go shopping for speakers within your price range and try a few out.  All the suggestions here are simply that--suggestions.  Only YOU know what you want and any dealer worth their name will permit you to audition speakers in your room.  Good luck and good listening!
I second Tekton and also look at the Encores which may be best sounding speakers he makes.