Benchmark AHB2 power amp impressions?

Does anyone have any opinions/info to share about the new Benchmark AHB2 power amp? Do the company's assertions about drastically reducing noise and distortion ring true? Thanks to all.  
ranchhand1
@aberyclark  Before u buy the Benchmark cables read the following review. 

https://www.dagogo.com/benchmark-audio-dac3-dx-ahb2-amplifiers-review/

I just sold the AHB2 because of a change in system. However, I loved this amp and found it clear and fatigue free. Not clinical at all.  I may buy this amp again if I decided to keep a second set of office speakers.
Thanks, yyzsantabarbara, for the recommendation of the review. Persons who ignore my advice regarding cables will have diminished sound quality, especially if they ignore aftermarket power cords and USB cable.

It is critical to explore the three gain settings on the back of the amp; these make a significant difference and are a feature not found on most amps at the price point.

In recent months I have been exploring my discovery of the huge advantage of the Schroeder Method, doubling ICs. You can read about it as well at Dagogo.com in the Audio Blast: the Schroeder Method of Interconnect Placement. This is no joke, and the Benchmark components rise up to a completely different level of performance than with single IC.

The Schroeder Method has its own warnings and restrictions on use, and it is a do at your own risk activity. I have been running Schroeder Method with the DAC3 DX and AHB2 pair in Mono for a while now and I will not return to single IC use as it is insipid. Anyone using single IC with this combo is getting paltry performance from the components.

Anyone who thinks the performance could not improve that much is wrong. Most audiophiles have no clue how much improvement audio systems can undergo, and they typically are skeptical of large performance gains due to ignorance. They stop seeking huge gains way too early, and they begin to putz around with tweaks, anchoring their rig to the lower level sound. I don’t care to do that.

Currently I have the combo set up with the PureAudioProject Trio15 Horn 1 Speaker (reviewed) and it is performing at a level not achieved in the review through any system using single ICs. The PAP Horn 1 and Benchmark gear are an excellent combo. I have put other components together with it using Schroeder Method and it has performed similarly above the threshold of the review performance. Loom of cables being reviewed are well known and lean toward the affordable end of the spectrum.

If you wish to try Schroeder Method you may contact TEO Audio or Audio Sensibility, as both companies are making a double interconnect as per Schroeder Method. TEO does not do XLR typically, but Audio Sensibility does. I am currently undergoing a review of the Audio Sensibility offerings in relation to Schroeder Method. 

If you wish to explore Schroeder Method further, see the thread in the Cables forum with my name. People are testing it out and sharing their findings.

The sound quality/performance potential of the DAC3 DX and AHB2 is far better than even Benchmark knows. Schroeder Method reveals a much greater sound quality instantly. I am not interested in debating/arguing my points.

BTW, upgrade the fuse in the Benchmark components also for sound quality improvement. No, I do not want to debate that.

Sorry to skew the thread, but this is important for anyone who wants to find the limits of the Benchmark amp. The class AAA technology is far better than anyone realizes. As the Schroeder Method is NOT recommended for class D amps, this puts the AHB2 far, far ahead sonically.
I always love Dagogo reviews. The reviews are very "real world" without the influence of major manufacturer advertising dollars. 

Thanks for the advice. I never did agree that great amps are immune from cable swaps. In fact, I would think an uncolored amp like the Benchmark would highlight the differences even more since one would have a "cleaner (FLOABT)" path to the source material being played and difference would stand out more. I currently use Canare start quads with my system, so it probably would not make since to buy the Benchmark cables anyway. I have been considering ZU event cables.

I believe when some reviewers say the amp is sterile, they are hearing is the actual weakness of the source material. So much music , especially in rock and pop, has been poorly recorded, mastered, etc...that those faults come to the forefront with a revealing system.

@douglas_schroeder I've read a bit of the double interconnect thread. It seems people are experimenting by using 'Y' adapters for RCA interconnects. I presume you are using balanced connections with the Benchmark gear - have you done that by bringing both cables into the balanced shell and double terminating on the single connector?
May I also ask which fuse brand you substituted into the Benchmark gear? 
BTW, I agree about the power cords. I use only the relatively inexpensive VH Audio DIY cords with Furutech connectors - but would never go back to stock.
As you know the DAC3 IEC inlet positioning makes it impossible to use round barrel IEC connectors without obscuring the usb socket. So I initially used a just a decent shielded cord I had lying around with moulded connectors.
Later I decided to re-terminate one of the VHA cords (which I'd used with other DAC's) using the compact Furutech rhodium plated IEC. I was shocked by the improvement. 
I'm sure if John Siau reads this he'll be doing a double face palm.
Kal Rubinson who writes the Multi-Channel/Surround Sound column in Stereophile every month uses 3 of these AHB2's in his 5.1 setup at home.  Pairs them with the Audio Research Multi Channel Pre-Amp and says its an amazing combo. I already picked up the ARC Pre so hope to get the AHB2's down the road.