Revel Salon 2 vrs Kef 207/2

Anybody seriously compare these two speakers.
Remarkable similarities in the reviews but with such different drivers you'd think they would be very different sounding.
jls3
tpreaves is right.great insight.may i suggest also that you may want to audition more than just two models or brands.
"One of the biggest myths in audio is that a higher priced unit outperforms a lower priced one."

That's twisting what I said. I was referring specifically to the large discrepancy in pricing (in this case around 2x) AND in the $14K to $27K price-range, and when both speakers are made by reputable brands. More specifically, I was pointing out it's not a fair comparison to even put these two speakers together, and especially in light of the poster's take of it being such a revelation that the Sasha would match or outperform the KEF 207/2.

"If you are buying equipment because it costs more,you are doing a great disservice to yourself."

No really? What great insight, you should be a life coach. Those pearls of wisdom need to be shared! Wow, really, the only person that even remotely suggested "buying equipment because it costs more" is YOU. Ridiculous.
Dylan,
I was not speaking to you or about you.I was using your statement to make my point.If I hurt your feelings,which by the tone of your attack on me I did,I am truly sorry.Your last paragraph makes no sense what so ever,so again,I apologize if I hurt your feelings.Maybe you should think twice about participating in these forums,being as sensitive as you are.Have a nice day.
It's a no-brainer that a $27K speaker is generally going to outperform a $14K speaker...
The list on the Kef is $20K, feel free to correct me if wrong; I believe the statement of them being $14K was a price one can find them for here on AG.
Brianmgrarcom: You are correct - 207/2 list is $20 ($14K or $11.5K for that matter are deals one occasionally sees on A/G postings) vs. Sasha's list of $27K.

Dylanhenry: I have seen new Maxx2's for $25K (said to have listed for ~$50K) as well, so there would be an opportunity to purchase a speaker in a higher category, but I think they are a bit too big for my liking and my room. I really liked the sound of the Sasha - it was very captivating, but I have to say without a side by side test with the same upstream gear and in the same room, I'm not too sure the 207/2 was really in a different league (or maybe better stated, that I wouldn't be perfectly satisfied with them).

Enigizer: I have auditioned the B&W with McIntosh and Classe gear, but for some reason, they just aren't what I'm seeking - again, this may have to do with the amplification or source - I'm not sure - I have always tended to fatigue too quickly with them.

I'd still like to audition the Magico V3 - not sure about the Vienna Music or Avalon. Any others you suggest which may be in line with the Sasha's?

Has anyone seriously auditioned the Sasha and the 207/2 side by side in the same environment (preferably in their own home for a good period of time) and with the same gear? That would be very interesting. It is interesting that you don't really hear about KEF much - I'm not sure why.