recommendation for speaker wire to soften the highs if possible

Hello,
I need help. My problem is my system sounds harsh on the highs to me. Not extremely bad, but enough that I need to fix it. My system consists of Ryan 610's, oppo Sonica Dac, and a Belles 150a hotrod amp. Speaker wires being used are old monster cable from the 90's. I also have monster cable rca. I mostly stream through Tidal. My question is can I make the desired effect by switching cables or should I add  a tube amp or pre amp. My budget on the wire would be around 300.00
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
128x128gunmetalzin
The bulk Duelund 12 gauge is exactly what you are looking for and in budget. Another good one is the Western Electric 10 gauge bulk wire. If you can DIY a set, then go for it. If not, I and others can build you a great looking and sounding set of speaker cables. Both the bulk wires mentioned above will certainly improve the tone and sound quality in the all important presence area of your system. Both have great natural tone and meat on the bones texture. 
If you have a local HiFi store why not start with them and drag some cables home to listen for yourself how your Monsters compare? I think many shops are more than willing to let customers take stuff home to try it before you buy. If you’re nowhere near anything try the Cable Company.

I had a set of Monster Cables in the late 80s and I’d say if anything they were more rolled off than being bright. Could be so many things like speaker placement to room treatment and the placement of your listening seat in your room.

Everyone’s going to have a different opinion on cables but in my experience I believe dedicated outlets, use at least a hospital grade receptacle and not the $2 one most homes have then power cables is the place to start. I’d suggest do this first if you haven’t before you go on the cable merry go round.

@gunmetalzin

I had the same problem in an earlier set up an the solution for me was Supra Classic speaker Cables. It doesn't cost much to try if these cables will solve your problem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supra-Classic-4-0T-Speaker-Cable-Per-Metre-White/301164725221?epid=16393019...

elizabeth, I’m so pleased to hear you actually DO agree with me. Disagreement and I clash. 😃
Who could say they disagree with the Gingerbread Man?"" Run, run as fast as you can! You can't catch me. I'm the Gingerbread Man! ""                                       
Never the less, watch out for Foxes...