What is the most memorable concert that you had attended so far?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Nathan_Milstein.jpg

I do not go to concert very often, maybe once or twice a year.

I listen to music mostly through my audio system as much as 4 hours a day.

The most memorable concert that I had attended is the solo recital by Nathan Milstein held at Auditorium of UC Berkely on 1983.

He is one of the virtuoso violinist of the 20th century.

But he was 79 when he played at the recital on 1983.

When he played Partita by Bach, it was not his best.

Although he showed some of his skills, he could not keep up with the fast tempo as much as I wanted.

But as soon as he started playing "
César Franck, Violin Sonata in A Major.
".

I just marveled at the sweet sound of violin.

I could realize why he is one of the virtuoso violinist of the 20th century.

He died on 1992 so it is now impossible to attend his live recital again.

How about you ladies and gentlemen?

What is the most memorable concert that you had attended?
128x128shkong78

Just one? I’ll risk inciting the ire of anyone already finding me too "something" by listing a few:

- The Beach Boys at The San Jose Civic Auditorium in the Summer of 1964, my first concert. Brian Wilson was playing Fender bass and singing.

- The Beatles at The Cow Palace in the Summer of 1965. Not as good live as on their recordings. Don’t blame the messenger ;-) .

- The Band at The Berkeley Community Theater in 1969. The absolute masters of ensemble playing, they were like a Jazz band.

- Rockpile at The Country Club in Reseda, CA in December 1980. The best pure Rock ’n’ Roll band I’ve ever seen live.

- The Lyres at Club Lingerie on Sunset Blvd. in the mid-80’s. A great , great Garage band. Much better live than on recordings. I almost lost my mind during "Help You Ann".

- Big Joe Turner backed by The Blasters, also at Club Lingerie, also in the mid-80’s. The first Rock ’n’ Roll singer? What a man!

- NRBQ at The Roxy Theater in the mid-90’s. Bassist Joey Spampinato turned down Keith Richard’s invitation to become the replacement for Bill Wyman in "The Greatest Rock ’n’ Roll Band In The World!" to remain in the best American Rock ’n’ Roll band.

- Little Village on a sound stage in Burbank, CA at the time of their lone album release. Ry Cooder’s guitar solo on "Lipstick Sunset" was the single greatest musical moment I have ever experienced.

- Leonard Cohen at The Universal Amphitheater in the early 2000’s. Very dramatic, unique, and classy.

- Iris Dement at The Troubadour in West L.A. in the 90’s. The room was so quiet and reverential you could have heard a pin drop. Iris is an Angel, a gift from God.

I saw a bunch of Rock bands many may prefer to the above, including Hendrix, Cream, The Who, The Dead, The Airplane, The Doors, The Stones, etc. Kids stuff ;-) .

For me it is a toss up.

I saw REM at a small venue in around 1986. They were breaking into the big time but were not there yet. Amazing show.

Three weeks ago I saw a new band called The Struts. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen such an engaging, charismatic front man. The crowd was in a frenzy the whole show and he had us in the palm of his hand. I’m a stodgy, bookish 55 year old. I do not dance. I occasionally tap my foot. During this whole show I was clapping, waving my hands, singing loudly and jumping up and down.

Maybe the passage of time makes The Struts concert seem better in my mind than REM....but its a toss up.
On the plus side, Rolling Stones & Stevie Wonder at the Spectrum in Philadelphia, 1972. Mick & Stevie encore together on Satisfaction & Uptight.

On the minus side, David Bowie & Stereophonics at the Knight Center in Miami, 2004. Stagehand fell from above the stage to his death in plain view of the audience after Stereophonics. Bowie was canceled.

Both memorable for obvious reasons.

More recently, two shows, Wilco & Paco de Lucia, a month apart at the Fillmore Miami Beach, 2012. Both were superb. Haven’t seen anything close to those shows in the past few years.