What is the most memorable concert that you had attended so far?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Nathan_Milstein.jpg

I do not go to concert very often, maybe once or twice a year.

I listen to music mostly through my audio system as much as 4 hours a day.

The most memorable concert that I had attended is the solo recital by Nathan Milstein held at Auditorium of UC Berkely on 1983.

He is one of the virtuoso violinist of the 20th century.

But he was 79 when he played at the recital on 1983.

When he played Partita by Bach, it was not his best.

Although he showed some of his skills, he could not keep up with the fast tempo as much as I wanted.

But as soon as he started playing "
César Franck, Violin Sonata in A Major.
".

I just marveled at the sweet sound of violin.

I could realize why he is one of the virtuoso violinist of the 20th century.

He died on 1992 so it is now impossible to attend his live recital again.

How about you ladies and gentlemen?

What is the most memorable concert that you had attended?
128x128shkong78
I’ve been to many hundreds of live shows over the last 40+ years. I was fortunate to get a job with Andy Frain Security when I was 17 years old, working concert security at Rupp Arena in Lexington, KY. At that time, Rupp was the largest indoor basketball arena in the country, so it drew all of the big shows of the day. I saw the Stones "Some Girls" tour on my first paid night of duty. How great is that? Getting paid to see The Stones! Also saw The Who, Rush, Kiss, Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC, The Cars, Parliament/Funkadelics, and all of the other big shows of the day. It was a great job, working with a bunch of cool people (mostly, except a few people power-trippin). Was luck to see the ELO "Flying Saucer" Tour at Rupp (not working).

Here’s a good one: The Tall Stacks Music and Heritage Festival in Cincinnati 2003. If you were a fan of Americana, as I was (and still am), it was an unbelievable lineup. and All for $12! Tall Stacks 2003 Lineup:

Oct. 15th
Lucinda Williams
The Jayhawks
C.J. Chenier & the Red Hot Louisiana Band
Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys
Creedence Clearwater Revisited

Oct. 16th
Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder
Nickel Creek
Del McCoury Band
Jay & Molly Ungar

Oct. 17th
Emmylou Harris
Los Lobos
Keb’ Mo’
Delbert McClinton
John Hammond Jr.
Steve Earle & the Dukes
David Lindley

Oct. 18th
Bo Diddley
Shawn Colvin
Derailers
Fairfield Four and Nashville Bluegrass Band
Patty Griffin
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Dar Williams

Oct. 19th
Blind Boys of Alabama
John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers
Karen Clark Sheard
Mavis Staples

I still go to a lot of live shows. Two weeks ago I saw Bettye Layette, Emmylou Harris and Courtney Barnett over a 5 day period. Great stuff!

I love bands/artist that can convey emotion. Two of the best shows I’ve seen in the last few years was Shovels and Rope (twice) at The Madison Theater in Covington, KY. Up close, and personal, this duo can match anyone for raw emotion.

Lastly, one of the best arena shows I’ve seen in the last 20 years was Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band w/Tom Morello for the "high Hopes" Tour. Simply spectacular. My best Stadium show in that period - U2 "Joshua Tree" tour (Louisville, KY and Indianapolis, IN)

And as Uberwaltz mentioned, your first show has to be on the list. My First rock show was: 1/1/77 – Blue Oyster Cult / Uriah Heep / Head East - Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY. It was magical!

Live Music Rule! Enjoy, and go out and support your favorite musicians.......
1-November 28,1974 --Elton John with surprise guest John Lennon-MSG.
2-Bruce Springsteen Darkness tour -Beacon Theater NYC
3- Bob Dylan 30th anniversary-MSG
4 -Rock and Roll 25th anniversary (2 nights)-MSG
5-Prince, 2 tours

6-Tie-Various Rainforest Benefit Concerts at Carnegie Hall, original Quadrophenia tour, Crosby, Stills Nash and Young, Van Morrison, a few U2 tours, R.E.M. Monster tour, a few Springsteen tours, EmmyLou Harris Wrecking Ball tour, a few Stones tours, McCartney's first tour in which he performed Beatle songs, Elton John's original Yellow Brick Road tour  tied with his 60th birthday concert at MSG, Kinks, Cat Power The Greatest tour, Van Morrison, Los Lobos, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd and a number of others that will come to me later. 
So three spring to mind - 

2017 Sylvan Esso at The Village Underground, London. They just knocked the socks off the place, their catchy chorus lines just got everyone into a really positive happy excited mood that felt wonderful in th intimate venue. 

2018 Sons of Kemet at Koko, London. This just a couple of weeks ago. In terms of sheer musicianship the best I have seen. But the thing that really nailed it was that they sounded so fresh, original, unconstrained. I left buoyant about the exciting places new music was going. Plus it was Jazz, and at one point there was a mosh pit. Don’t see that often. 

1998 (about). Bon Jovi, Gateshead Stadium, Gateshead. Best handling of a stadium crowd I have seen, ever. At the height of their Crossroads power, they just smashed the place to bits. 

Damn reubent, what a festival! The line-up has reminded me of a couple other great shows I have to mention.

In the mid-80’s I went to see The Plimsouls (Peter Case’s pre-solo group) at a tiny little "club" on Ventura Blvd. in Studio City named The Garage. It was an actual garage, like a car repair shop (with one of those roll-up, pull-down aluminum doors), with a cement floor the bands set up right on, no stage. There was an opening band whose name was new to me, and when they started playing my girlfriend and I looked at each other in disbelief, our mouths agape. They were GREAT! Turned out to be Los Lobos, whose first English language album had yet to be released. I was an instant fan. They made The Plimsouls sound like what they were, a modestly-talented Garage band.

Another was Steve Earle with The Del McCoury Band at The House of Blues on Sunset Blvd at the time of the release of their collaborative album. They all stood around a single, large diaphragm mic, which ever member’s part was primary at any given moment (verse vocal, 3-part harmony chorus, fiddle, guitar, or mandolin solo, etc.) positioning himself closest to the mic, then backing away when that moment had passed. Absolutely fantastic music making!