... thoughts on Taylor Swift's REPUTATION CD...

Hello to all... Am wondering how other audiophile folks who critically listen to music as coordinated recorded sounds access the newest offering from Taylor Swift.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT IF YOU HAVE NOT YET HEARD THE CD IN ITS ENTIRETY.
AND PLEASE LIMIT COMMENTS WITH REGARDS TO SOUND - NOT ALL THE OTHER STUFF (looks, dating, etc) 

I find the recording fairly well done: abit thumpy throughout (which seems to be the trend in pop/indie music for the masses), but highly divergent in tones, dynamics, and harmonies. Deep and wide soundstage... Most vocals (within my system) are believeable (for the most part) but sometimes muddy up at the complicated refrains with several overdubs of her voice...

I think this is a good stereo test recording. YOUR THOUGHTS APPRECIATED...
justvintagestuff
I don't give much for the DR. A lot of the high DR:s sounds crap. It's just one of several important factors.
The OP asked for our SQ thoughts on Taylor Swifts new CD. I'm sorry she left the country music. She's talented. The CD sounds ok. It's very clean. Her voice is well recorded and in some tracks also very close. It's when some the songs are becoming loud the problems arise with - in my ears- distortion. Probably because of a lot of processing and compression. But really most of it is quite enjoyable - if you like the music and have the right full-range dynamic system for playing this kind of music. I suppose Harbeth won't do very well :-)
Again, I don't see what a full range dynamic system can do to help recordings with a DR of 5.

I'd guess the distortion you're hearing in the Swift CD is from clipping because of the DR compression.

I agree completely that DR isn't everything and a recording with high DR doesn't mean that it has good SQ or is well produced. But it seems that it would be an impressive feat to produce a quality recording with low DR.
I have a sneaking suspicion people are just guessing even they say oh, dynamic range is not the only thing they do to the recording, they also make it more detailed. There is no evidence for that claim at all. In other words, it’s wishful thinking. They compress dynamics to avoid clipping and so more people will buy the product, you know, because it’s louder.
gosta: interesting that we both hear similar elements from this CD.
When I posted this forum, I wasn't looking for validation to my enjoying the CD, and although it took a left-hand turn from the 1st input, it has opened my eyes to serious audiophile considerations...
Truthfully - in making future CD purchases, although I will access the DR file, it WILL NOT BE THE OVERRIDING FACTOR in deciding to hear new music...
I agree. And that has been my m.o. these last few months. If I like the band and like the music I buy it. Just be prepared for disappointment.