Reel to Reel Tape

I have an analogue setup. Although I have a CD player in the system. But everything else is an analogue. I am listening to Reel to Reel tape decks, I have a few of them, and I also have DBX 224X-DS attached. Does anyone else have similar setup? I find the DBX to be quite awesome. What's your opinion?
almandog

This does not tell the whole story;

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/technics/rs-1500us.shtml

Specifications
Track system: 2-track, 2-channel, stereo/monaural system

Motor: 2 x reel, 1 x capstan

Reel size: 5 to 10.5 inch reel

Equalization: NAB

Tape speeds: 3 3⁄4 7 1⁄2 15 ips

Wow and flutter: 0.018% (15 ips)

Frequency response: 30Hz to 30kHz (15 ips)

Signal to Noise Ratio: 60dB

Total harmonic distortion: 0.8%

Input: 60mV (line), 0.25mV (mic)

Output: 0.775V (line)

Dimensions: 446 x 456 x 258mm

Weight: 25kg

2 track is always better than 1/4 track; that's when you only record in one direction, but it uses twice as much tape.

EE tape is the most incredible result I've ever heard; the dynamic range and resolution is like live.

I only use blank tape to record my records. The playback is better than the original recording. That's because the signal has been magnified as a result of the large 2 track heads; they make the signal larger, and hence the music is larger on playback; it's as if your speakers are larger as well.

While I enjoy this everyday, nobody seems to believe it; such is life.
Dear @orpheus10 : " The playback is better than the original.."""

well that’s what you like to think that just can’t happens no matter what because the LP signal must be " proccessed "/pass through something to your R2R and that pass though something only can degrades the LP signal. or explain why is not signal degradation is this is what you think. Maybe I'm missing something or it needs a wider explanation from your part.

R.

Raul, in one word it's "bigger"; the signal is bigger on playback because the 2 track tape heads are bigger, that translates to "apparent" larger speakers, and more powerful and more forceful power amp.

The music has not been altered in any way shape form or fashion; it's just bigger, which means you can hear more detail.

The size of the heads make for a larger more forceful signal on playback.

https://www.google.com/search?q=size+of+tape+recording+heads&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&...

In addition, my deck has all "Black Gate" electrolytic capacitors, plus new original transistors. No, that doesn't make it better, but enables precise duplication of the original signal.

Maybe, the link I provided will convey what I'm talking about.
well that’s what you like to think that just can’t happens no matter what because the LP signal must be " proccessed "/pass through something to your R2R and that pass though something only can degrades the LP signal. or explain why is not signal degradation is this is what you think. Maybe I'm missing something or it needs a wider explanation from your part.
The reason this can happen is if the audio is down when the recording is made and so there is no vibration affecting the turntable. The better the turntable isolation, the less this phenomena can occur.
Dear @orpheus10: Please let me know how you make the transfer of the LP recorded signal to your R2R machine. Thank's in advance.

R.