... what is Settling Time in cables and interconnects...

Hello to all...

Was reading on a cable/interconnect manufacturers' site that they recommend min 350 preferrably 450 hrs Burn-In time, and 2 to preferably 24 hrs Settling Time (after plugged and unplugged).

Have never heard the term Settling Time: what is it, how is it done, what effect would it have if done or not done, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - would like to hear from someone who has actually done this and your impressions...

THANKS!
justvintagestuff
I have found owning a Audiostore in the U.K  that the dielectric 
type and thickness much more so dictates breakin then thewire itself.Teflon by far the biggest offender as the same thing applies 
in Teflon capacitors especially VH Audio for example.
3-400 hours is usually sufficient .
digital can take sometimes longer because of  the small amount of voltages applied.
Post removed 
@justvintagestuff what does TNSHO mean?   And could you point to the thread where you found this topic as I am interested.

There is always a tension on forums between new members and old members regarding discussions which have happened before.  Older members seem intolerant of newer members wishing to open debates again.   I don’t understand why older members can’t just ignore the thread and move on, as you say.   But for whatever reason they seem unable to do this and instead want to tell you what you should or shouldn’t post, their seniority (in terms of posting numbers or years on the forum) giving them the right to do so.  Often you’ll be told to go and search for a previous debate  on the subject as if that had not occurred to you.  

Best to ignore and post what you want to post.  If it’s a controversial debate then the people who are exhausted debating can keep away. 
Hi

Always find these discussions interesting. This is an obvious, but effective demonstration of what resides in the "air" around us. 

Consider how low the signals are that make the sound happen that we all enjoy. Then take into consideration the amount of electrical noise that is currently being generated by all of the local "things" in our homes as well as all the signals being pumped through our environment. It seems only reasonable that the question posed by the OP is in fact, relevant.

Enjoy this simple little video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4CQTgDfDmo&vl=en