HAVE ALL SALES STOPPED ON AUDIOGON ???

I haven't sold hardly anything in a month, is anyone else having that problem,or is it me........autospec
autospec
@mitch2 

Think of it this way, without the power of Audiogon's audience, would you be likely to capture the highest value of your hypothetical $3,200 amp or would you be more likely to have to settle for something less?

I hope I'm not sounding like I'm directing my rant towards the Agon.., if that's not what you're implying then my apologies.

This is directed towards the bay.

But yes, the Audiogon community has been a treasure of information and is the main reason I'm here and where I'm at in terms of my gear and my listening enjoyment.

Example. Item listed.. unusual (rare) item, phono box, 30% of list price for sale. Listed that morning, I am looking at it for a few minutes thinking should I buy it? Well in the time I pondered it was sold. So try selling at a price folks will buy it at, Instead of a too high price. it will sell.              
Another example. I listed a ARC SP-10 well below ($2,300) the usual $3K asking price at 7AM. By 7:30AM same day I have five offers to buy.IMO most stuff is asking too much for the item.
No problems @dyl71 , I try not to read too much "motive" into posts here and I don't need to defend Audiogon since they are what they are and have done quite well on their own. 

@elizabeth
 's post below is a good example of "what the market will bear."  Around here, there have historically been seasonal swings, with certain times of the year being better to sell stuff and other times being better for buyers.  There have also been ups and downs relative to the economy and for other reasons.  I seem to remember it being pretty tough to sell expensive stuff here in 2008/09.  Right now, for whatever reason, sales seem to be in sort of a lull where the items being sold either need to be in relatively high demand or priced competitively, or else they just sit.  Being patient is ok for some sellers who can afford to hold until a better sales climate comes along.  Other folks who need the money will have to reduce their price until the market, or the perfect buyer, decides it is low enough. 
Unfortunately I have to disagree on that the majority are asking too much.
It is only the poor market that is driving prices down.
I do not consider at all that 55% of new price for a popular in demand item that is only 3 months old is greedy.
But the amount of either lowball offers received or just plain apathy was an eye opener.

Sure if you list it cheap enough then it will sell and if you do not have much money in it or you just REALLY need the money right away then fine.
But the vast majority I believe are in similar position to myself at upgrade time in that I need a fair price for my old items to go towards my new items.

And we could argue all day on what constitutes fair price.....
With respect, "fair" listing prices don't seem to have much to do with selling used audio gear, which seems to be based more on what the market will bear at the time of sale than on any subjective idea of what constitutes a fair price. If a seller chooses not to part with their stuff for a price below what they believe is fair, then the consequence is that they wait longer for a willing buyer to come along.  It seems to be really that simple.