Treated my interconnects with Deoxit D5 today

I have a nice audio system and had a great notion to clean all my connections with alcohol and treat all the connections with Deoxit D5.  I did all the fuses as well.  Well, the result is that the system now sounds flat and lifeless as hell... way different than I previously heard.  What's up with this?  I am crestfallen...
whitestix
Stabilant 22 appears to the equivalent to Tweek.  It is about $60 for a vial of it which should last for years and years.  Check out their website as users of it speak in glowing praise of it, including lots of technicians.  I am just happy that my system returned to its former splendor.  There is an old adage that says, "if it ain't broke, don't fool with it."  
"D.W.E. was established in 1986. Our product originated in 1976, from Wright Electroacoustics, where it was based on the R&D work of Wm. M. D. Wright. After several years of field trials, the final product, Stabilant 22™ was introduced by Sumiko Audio, under the trade name TWEEK©."

To the OP, I would advise cleaning all of the caig stuff off of everywhere you put it with isopropyl alcohol. Most likely you inadvertantly used too much and have created a mildly conductive path between signal and ground. Very thorough cleaning with alcohol and wipes/buds & compressed air will restore your system. Then be a good boy and don’t do it again.. ;)
I too learnt the hard way, lol..
This stuff should be supplied in small glass bottles, with a very small brush or swab, not a flippin aerosol that just blasts it everywhere. Idiots.