Flaws in this chain?

New to streaming and such. Is there a serious weak link in this chain?:

MacBook Pro with Tidal (hi res)------wireless to-----Apple TV-----toslink to-----Schiit Modi 2 Uber-----RCA cable to----Line stage.

I know that the Schiit is no great shakes in terms of a DAC but is there any other serious limitation in the chain? Thanks.

George
n80
I use a $20 blue jeans belden coax cable and my SQ is good enough for me. Obviously you know more about this than I do. All I know is what I have read. 
djones51, I have not actually tried Tidal hi-res on this set-up.

Ripped CDs played through USB to low end Schiit DAC do not sound the same as CD through CDP but it is quite close. In A-B testing I find the CD to be brighter and the ripped CD through the DAC to be less strident. Hard call as to which is better. Through the DAC is usually good enough for me even for serious listening sessions.

At this moment I'm listening to Mark Knopfler's Sailing to Philadelphia through iTunes via the ATV and it is surprisingly acceptable....but I'm sure that is in part due to its exceptional production quality shining through compression, jitter and whatever else.

A good Chianti vs a high end Super Tuscan. I can live with both.
I use a $20 blue jeans belden coax cable and my SQ is good enough for me. Obviously you know more about this than I do. All I know is what I have read.

Have you tried a better cable to see if that makes a difference?

Have you tried another source, like a Sonos and compared that to your transport? Two different transports?

If there are differences in any of these, then your system will likely benefit from low jitter sources.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

Yes I have tried better cables. Let me rephrase that , Yes , I have tried more expensive cables not really better cables at least to me. Not sure why I would want to try a Sonos, I am sure it's a fine streamer but I am happy with my Micromega. 

So, you didn't hear any difference in different sources or different cables?

Steve N.

Empirical Audio