Flaws in this chain?

New to streaming and such. Is there a serious weak link in this chain?:

MacBook Pro with Tidal (hi res)------wireless to-----Apple TV-----toslink to-----Schiit Modi 2 Uber-----RCA cable to----Line stage.

I know that the Schiit is no great shakes in terms of a DAC but is there any other serious limitation in the chain? Thanks.

George
n80
Yes I have tried better cables. Let me rephrase that , Yes , I have tried more expensive cables not really better cables at least to me. Not sure why I would want to try a Sonos, I am sure it's a fine streamer but I am happy with my Micromega. 

So, you didn't hear any difference in different sources or different cables?

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

Cables no, sources yes but nothing drastic depends on the source, whether it's a newer CDP or an older one and what DAC is used  or a file off my NAS or transport to a stand alone DAC . Not sure where you are going with this, like I have said using different sources, amps, pre amp, integrated amps some with DAC's some without. Cheap cables, expensive cables I have never heard anything I would attribute to jitter in the last 20 some years. Now an old I believe technics or sony  CDP with  a 14 bit DAC  I had in the early 1980's did make a piano sound a little like a harpsichord which I would agree was probably caused by some jitter. From the information I have found  from my reasearch which I always do on these types of claims on pro audio sites jitter in well designed modern DAC's is not a problem and hasn't been in 20 years.  I'll reiterate, I don't hear it so I don't worry about it. 

Any difference in cables or sources is due to jitter, unless you have a ground-loop noise problem with one device and not another. Unlikely.

The point is that if you DO hear any difference, the it is likely that a low jitter source will make things a lot better.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio