Spectral and Apogee owners only please with full respect pertaining to this request

Hello,

I have a pair of Apogee Mini Grands, trying to build a Spectral system around this at a given cost since I do like to combination.

Not interested in trying anything else since I just sold my Ayer Pre and Monoblocks, Hovland Preamp along with the ARC Reference pre and powers and most of my Krell pieces.

I would like to know which configuration would probably work best with my set up in your opinion. Spent much of my $$$ into getting my room beautified and treated acoustically and now this:

Option 1

Using

1 DMA 100 amplifier  to drive the Stage Full Range

1 DMA 100 to drive the Minigrand Sub

Option 2

Using

1 Spectral DMA 200s to drive the Stage Full Range

1 DMA 100 to drive the Minigrand Sub

Option 3

Using (DMA 100 or 90)

1 Spectral DMA 100 amp to drive the Tweeter / Midrange of the Stage

1 Spectral DMA 100 amp to drive the Bass driver of the Stage

1 Spectral DMA 100 to drive the Minigrand Sub

Mated with Spectral DMC Preamp

I am aware that option 3 will require more $$$ for MIT Cables VS cost for DMA 200s so…………

Note: I live for resolution

Thanks

Rapogee

rapogee
rapogee,

Spectral owner for 20 years here. Hope that you find the Spectral gear that you want. I have only heard Apogee speakers back in 1988 or 89. I believe that they were a pair of Scintillas or Divas. Only had an hour with the owner at his house. Forget what electronics he was using, just too long ago. They were amazing !!

Happy Spectral owner, because they could drive any speaker that I threw at them. I used a pair of DMA 90s as bridged 200 watt monos with Thiel 3.5s that was a magical combination, even with the low impedance of the Thiel Speakers.

I think that if you can find the Spectral gear that you want, you will reach a happy outcome. Spectral provides the Hyper Resolution that you seek.

Just for your info, My Spectral System is for sale. Have gone Pass Lab Class A. Maybe you could use some of the Spectral branded or MIT ICs and Speaker cables that I have. Pre is a DMC12 with phono stage and a pair of DMA 360s mk1

Best Wishes on your Journey
as a past owner of stages and having worked ( long ago at both a Spectral and Apogee dealer ) finding many owners of both will be rare as hens teeth....perhaps you already know this....

i would put money into the apogee filters rather than a passive biamp setup...just my buck fifty....

have fun.....
How do I go about doing that Tomic601?
That means bypass the external cross over altogether?