What albums, in your opinion, sound unquestionably better on Vinyl rather than Digital?

So this is not an effort to start a medium-war thread, rather in my view some records just seem to be mastered better on the vinyl record version than the digital version. Three that spring to mind from my record collection:

• Henri Texier - Varech
  • Tom Misch - Geography
  • JLin - Black Origami (this very surprisingly to me)

I know everyone’s system is different, everyone’s ears are different and everyone’s tastes are different, but for the purposes of this discussion let us assume that YOU are the final arbiter of objective reality!
corvaldt
Red House, Mapleshade, and New West sell very well made CDs, although the artists are quite an eclectic group. Greg Brown's on Red House are especially good. I have not had the opportunity to compare the same releases on vinyl; but New West does vinyl as well as digital.
I don"t agree that it is an invalid question, because some LPs do sound better than the CD version,but I do agree with sfseay"s other point. The production chain has far more influence on the final product than the format. Plus, why not enjoy music any way you can?
What matters most? Here's Peter Aczel's take -

2.The principal determinants of sound quality in a recording produced in the last 60 years or so are the recording venue and the microphones, not the downstream technology. The size and acoustics of the hall, the number and placement of the microphones, the quality and level setting of the microphones will have a much greater influence on the perceived quality of the recording than how the signal was captured whether on analog tape, digital tape, hard drive, or even direct-to-disk cutter; whether through vacuum-tube or solid-state electronics; whether with 44.1-kHz/16-bit or much higher resolution. The proof of this can be found in some of the classic recordings from the 1950s and 1960s that sound better, more real, more musical, than todays average super-HD jobs. Lewis Layton, Richard Mohr, Wilma Cozart, Bob Fine, John Culshaw, where are you now that we need you?

3.The principal determinants of sound quality in your listening room, given the limitations of a particular recording, are the loudspeakers not the electronics, not the cables, not anything else. This is so fundamental that I still cant understand why it hasn't filtered down to the lowest levels of the audio community. The melancholy truth is that a new amplifier will not change your audio life. It may, or may not, effect a very small improvement (usually not unless your old amplifier was badly designed), but the basic sound of your system will remain the same. Only a better loudspeaker can change that. My best guess as to why the loudspeaker-comes-first principle has not prevailed in the audiophile world is that a new pair of loudspeakers tends to present a problem in interior decoration. Swapping amplifiers is so much simpler, not to mention spouse-friendlier, and the initial level of anticipation is just as high, before the eventual letdown (or denial thereof).

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/legacy-of-peter-aczel-aka-the-audio-critic.59014/#js-post-658450

Just to get the conversation back on point, I don't think the  OP's intention was to open another debate on the superiority on one medium over all others or methods of recording, engineering, and mastering. Although I have really learned a lot from reading all these posts and agree with Peter Aczel's comments shared by @cd318, I believe what we are asked to share are specific recordings that sound "unquestionably" better on vinyl so I can go out and buy them and not waste my money or time. I thank you all for your tireless research and for contributing to my future listening joy.

Cheap Jim
I'm partial to wax but I have to say 2 come to mind on a great sound set up:
  1. Kraftwerk - Computer World
  2. Rush - 2112

Of course everyone's perception will vary depending on what the album is playing through.