Any Mark Knopfler fans out there?

I have been a Dire Straits fan since they first started. Had most of their music when I was in college and enjoyed it on my roommates hi-fi system. (Never cared too much for Brothers in Arms).Those old tapes and LPs are long gone but since getting into hi-fi recently I am replacing them with CDs and really falling in love with them again.

Really didn't know anything about Knopfler's very prolific solo career until I got Tracker. Very different from Dire Straits but a really great album musically and sonically (with great DR!). I subsequently listened to some of his other solo stuff and it left me a little cold. Sailing to Philadelphia is okay to me, Privateering seems closer to Tracker in style and content. I ordered it on CD but it has not arrived yet.

His new album comes out later this month. Not sure what to expect. Some of the same band members will be on it. It is described as slow and folksy which is what most of his solo stuff has been. Hope it is not too much 'slower' than Tracker.

Any thoughts on Knopfler's solo career or this upcoming new album?
n80
No presumption here whatsoever. Never claimed to know anything about his religious life except what he said publicly when specifically asked about it. We can, of course, take that sort of thing into account.

I also have no problem with a public figure being private in such matters and in fact generally prefer that they do.

I cannot cite the interview but I will look for it. As mentioned, he was somewhat evasive and equivocal in his answers. If he had said 'its none of your business' I would have respected that. Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe he didn't answer as well as he would have liked to. Maybe he made a mistake. But for me to assume that would indeed be presumptuous. I prefer to take a person's statements at face value.

But, when it comes to a stance on religion I much prefer Bono's.
Anyway, sorry for hijacking my own thread. Certainly interested in other thoughts on Knopfler.

They only pre-released one song for the upcoming album, "Good On You Son" and I like it okay but not blown away.
He’s my favorite of all time. All his solo stuff is great. Shrangri la, sailing to Philadelphia, kill to get crimson, tracker. It can be slow but the playing is oh so sweet. See him every time he’s in town. His guitar style and tubes are a match made in heaven. 
Dire Straits is my favorite.  Every time I turn on my stereo I listen to them. Brothers in arms is my favorite album.