VPI Aries 3 - Funk Firm 3mm Acromat

I am thinking of adding a 3mm Achromat to my VPI Aries 3 TT. I have the super platter with the screw clamp and peripheral ring clamp. I was thinking of replacing the screw clamp and ring clamp. Instead, I was thinking of using a 3mm Achromat and a heavy HRS record puck.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on this move? 

Does anyone know how many turns on the VTA tower would equal the extra 3mm thickness of the Achromat?

VPI Aries 3, 10.5i arm, Super Platter, Peripheral ring, Single Flywheel Motor, SDS, Lyra Delos
Ag insider logo xs@2xpilrem
bpoletti.....look  in VPIforum.com - Index Page - Harry’s Corner....Record Weight. I know it sounds dumb, but I was absolutely shocked at the improvement.
@stringreen 

Thanks for the info.  Interesting observation.  Glad you provided your $0.20 worth.  

So to put the suggestion into context, I'm using an Aries Extended with a threaded spindle and depressed label area.  A rubber washer of about 1/16" or so on the base of the spindle in the label area.  I use a VPI screw-on stainless clamp.  Also have a delrin clamp.  The clamps are hollowed out such that only the edge of the clamp is in contact with the record.  Are you suggesting possibly placing the coins along the edge of the clamp?  

The suggestion is for a different weight....mine is totally flat on the bottom (no screw down) and heavy..I would eliminate the washer and insert the dimes in its place. also I would experiment at how much or not to screw yours down at all. Experimentation with this stuff is fun. Let all of us know how it goes.