Recommended Amps and preamps for Polk RTI A7s HELP!!!

Hey guys I’m pretty much a newbie to the audio hifi world, it all started a few weeks ago when I received a Denon 2801 amplifier that he wasn’t using. So I decided to get some speakers I got a really good deal on a pair of Polk Audio RTI A7s upon research they are rated from 20 - 300 Watts. I have done a lot of reading from other users and forums that they really need a lot of power to drive to enable to listen to them properly and perform well. Which is also what the seller told me to invest into a good amp and pre amp. I am currently using the Denon 2801 my dad gave me which is only 90 Watts at 8 ohms, I used the amp to test the speakers when I picked them up and the seller was telling me that the amp I’m using is just not cutting it with the A7s probably only performing at 30% performance wise. I’m really new to the audio world guys once again. I just want to get some advice and tips on how amps and pre amps properly work together and are they hard to hook up to one another I notice on the back of my Denon there is a section that’s says pre out and a white and red connector that says left and right im assuming that’s where I would hook up my pre amp? Also another query I have is should I keep my current Denon amp and just get a pre amp with it? What amps or preamps would you guys recommend that would make the pair of A7s perform well? Also if the speakers got the power that they needed would there be a huge difference in sound and quality and where ? I don’t want to spend thousands of dollars but possibly up to $1000 or less just to begin with as I’m fairly new I will probably want to change a few things but I just want to drive these speakers to perform well to truly get the experience of what there capable of. Sorry guys for all the newbie questions and queries . Any help or advice is much appreciated. Thankyou all

Tony
daoki
The Denon 2801 is not an amp - it is a Audio Video Receiver, which are typically not the best for music reproduction. No sense in using a preamp with the amp section - that would be your bottleneck.   For your price point I would look into a used Rega Brio-R integrated amp, one can be had for $600 or so, retail for $995.  You are not going to be able to get an amp and preamp of any quality for your budget.  Your Polk's (not high-end) do not need a hi-end amp, a mid-fi integrated would drive them just fine.  Everyone starts somewhere and once you get your system together and you become familiar with it you can then focus on how to improve upon it.
FYI, an Audio Video receiver is a one-box solution for an multi-channel amp, preamp, and tuner. 
Buy the Luxman LV112 integrated amp (Japanese-made) now on EBAY. $140 and free-shipping from Colorado! Seller is: johnkent2018. This is an excellent unit and will drive your Polk speakers with ease! Sell (or throw away) that Denon AV receiver! The Luxman is far better! 
For a signal source (cheap) there is a Harmon Kardon HD7400 CD player for $55 + $26 shipping on EBAY. Seller is: proofofauthenticity. Ships from NY. A quality Japanese unit!