Basic/mid fi headphone advice.

I do not like ear buds of any sort. Looking for good bang-for-the-buck over the ear headphones for previewing and researching music when I'm away from my system. This will be mostly through iTunes or other low res streaming. iPhone or laptop as source. Almost never for serious listening. I do not need noise cancelling. Not looking for BlueTooth units as BlueTooth never sounds good to me. Not sure if there are other wireless options but not a major need; wired is fine.

Would like to spend less than $100.

Is there such a thing? Thanks for any assistance.
n80
Question: Some headphones say something about open or open air. Not sure what this means but even though I do not need noise canceling I do not want to hear background noise through 'open' headphones (if that is what that means).
At a price point that is $49 greater than your preferred budget, you may want to consider the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. It is widely used in pro audio and pro video applications, and you can see the overwhelmingly positive review comments at the link.

I recently purchase a pair, for use in relatively non-critical applications unrelated to my main audio system, and in that context I’ve been extremely pleased with it.

The Sony MDR-7506, at $79.99, has for many years also been a go-to choice in pro applications. I owned one for about a decade, replacing it with the ATH-M50X after its earpads started to disintegrate. While it was also used for relatively non-critical applications I did have occasion to evaluate it in my main audio system. It sounded very nice, but as might be expected its transient response, resolution of detail, and other attributes were not in the same league as those provided by the Stax electrostatic headphones I use in my system.

Both the AT and Sony phones are closed-back designs, as opposed to the "open air" type you referred to. Which means that in comparison with open back designs less sound will escape from them and be heard by others who may be nearby, and less sound from external sources will make it through them to your ears.

Finally, as you can see in some of the photos at the links both phones fold up nicely, and are supplied with convenient carrying pouches, which are nice features if you would be traveling with them. Both also come with removable adapters so that they can be conveniently mated with either 1/8" or 1/4" jacks.

Good luck. Regards,
-- Al
Great recommendations guys. Thank you. I think the Grados are open so that won't be an option. My wife already doesn't like the noise coming from the ear buds when we're sitting in bed.