Need Preamp and Amp to Match Vandersteen 3A Signature Speakers

I am a neophyte at hifi.   Just bought a pair of Vandersteen 3A signature speakers to replace the JBL l150A speakers that I had for years..   I want to replace the Parasound A23 amp and the Parasound P5 preamp that I currently have with something that will make the Vandersteen speakers perform at their best.     I would like to get a Class A or A/B amp.   I listen to a lot of rock and jazz.   My room is about 16' x 16'.   Can anyone give me some advice what preamp and amp would work best with these speakers.   There is so much info out there and it is very confusing.  I like a rich full sound, not harsh on the high notes.  Also like a rich, well defined base.    Thanks for any advice you can give me!!!
darmento
We used a set of Vandersteen 3As in our room at CES many years ago; Richard Vandersteen commented that our room sounded considerably better than his. We were using our M-60 amplifiers, which are tube amps. So I can safely say that the speakers are easily driven with tubes and that might be an option to consider.
Another option, which I am in home auditioning right now, is the PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp and M700 monoblock ensemble, which can be purchased new for $2799 with a $1200 trade-in against the $3999 package price. I already have the Preamp and have been running it for a week through balanced inputs on my Manley NEO250 monoblocks. This preamp lives up to its name and sounds wonderful. My Wyred4Sound DAC2SE with femto clock is being traded in against this combo. The amps will arrive Tuesday and I can’t wait to try them out. I have been holding off on Class D amplification for the system for years but from what I’ve read recently it seems the implementation may have crossed the sonic threshold of my requirements. We’ll see. 30 day in-home trial can’t be beat; trade in shipment not expected until after the trial has completed. This is the way it should be done these days.
My experiences and thoughts.

Quicksilver, heard with 2ci's almost 30 years ago, unforgettable. ARC which I've heard on numerous occassions some results excellent some magical all a synergistic match with these speakers and Atmas-phere, never heard with any Steen but sounds like a good possibility depending on room size and priorities. I'm definitely a big fan of the M-60s. Threshold SA-1 all Class A, the best SS I personally heard Steens paired with. A while back for sure but still quite memorable. Personally I prefer tubes all things considered. Then there are the numerous amps both tube and SS that would work well I'm sure, Ayre is often mentioned.

Johnny Rutan, I would most like to hear you're informed opinion, all matters considered.  Bottom line, these speakers aren't a difficult load for a wide variety of amps.  
Belles would likely do well (Johnny can tell you how well), or more upmarket Aesthetix or Backert preamp+Pass amp.
Thanks everyone for your input.  I forgot to add that my total budget is $6K and I am OK with tube amps, provided the sound is warmer and less analytic.   Thanks again - it is so great to get advice from people who know what they are talking about.  It is confusing out there!!!