Vandersteen TREO CT's with Pass Labs XA60.8

Was just wondering if anyone has heard this combo together?

The TREO’s being at 86db sensitivity are a little tougher to push, but the Pass amp, being "pure Class A" is quite buff.

Also the TREO’s being 6ohm give the Pass amp a little more head room.

Just wondering. Anybody heard this combo?
flip49er
d2girls... "I dont think the XA30.8 leaves class A at 60w, rather at 30W."  

That is exactly what I thought, but if you go to their website under the XA30.8 and check out the "spec sheet" under "documents for download", it has it right there. I was floored! How conservative is that 30?!?

This is from the 6moons Srajan Ebaen :   On a forum, I found Pass Labs' own man Desmond quoted as saying that "the XA30.8 will output 90 watts @ 1% into 8Ω and almost 150 watts @ 1% into 4Ω." In short, the paper ratings here are arch conservative.

This thing is buff! 

I had a friend bring that Pass over when I owned the Treo's (Now Quatro) and it sounded great in my room. I have a large area to fill up too, but I also one listen at 85db or so when seriously listening. I use a sound pressure meter app from my listening seat, lol....I highly recommend it.
ctsooner....

When you say "that Pass", to which are you referring?

The 30.8 or the 60.8?
I think it was the 30W one, but it could have been the larger one.  I ran mine for a couple of years with the Ayre AX7e, which is A/B and a smaller amp than my AX5/20.   The Pass he brought over wasn't large, was a stereo not mono and had plenty of weight in the lower register.  It was a couple of years ago.  I went to the Pass site to see which one and it probably was the 30.8.  
I don’t think one can go wrong with Pass, I think they make one of the better audio amps.