Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
Post removed 
Post removed 
Dave, thanks for posting my thoughts and views.  Makes it easier for me to post as I guess I don't need to anymore.  I posted my thoughts and views, but you decided to tell me what I am going to post and then even told me why 'I' am wrong, lol.  

I stand by what I hear and what my personal thoughts are.  I have no dog in the fight as you do, so folks can make their own judgements as they should anyways.  I get to hear a lot of gear.  Show conditions are just that.  Most systems don't even sound good until Sunday.  This is why I have never been to a 2 channel show.  

As for anyone making a point about something being great because of a review, again it's just someone's opinion.  Fun to read and I do love to read them.  Still that argument over anything, including gear I love and or own, doesn't mean a thing.  

BTW, I don't like warm music.  I like accurate music in my own room.  You don't have to have a hot running speaker for it to be detailed and give you micro and macro detail.  Just because you like something also doesn't mean it's great.  You make many posts as though you know more than I or others and honestly you don't.  We all have our own ears to listen to make up our own minds on systems and matching.  

Thanks for no longer making posts telling me and others how I feel and what I like adn here.  Thanks.  Hope you are well.
No CT you can post whatever you like, the point is that your always stating that Vandy model whatever is always the best sounding, time coherent, blather is just like the Tekton guys always extolling their speaker as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

We have heard Personas sound good, and bad, and just okay, the point was that the Vandy 7 which is probably the only Vandy speaker that if we were ever to sell Vandy we would actually really get behind in this setup sounded okay not good not bad but not inspiring enough for the price of the speaker and quite frankly the room was way too big for the Vandys was probably part of the problem. 

We also acknowledge that the Persona will not be for everyone, any uber transparent speaker will ruthlessly show you flaws and are very setup dependent,  over the years we have catagorized loudspeakers as uber high resolution camp which are super demanding, vs drop and plop speakers which usually sound decent to good no matter what you play them with, Harbeths are a perffect example, so are Vandy 1C and 2Ce.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
"No CT you can post whatever you like"

Gee, thanks for the permission.  Appreciate that.

Dave, you don't read all my posts, so your statement holds no water.  You are a dealer and are using this forum to sell your products.  I guess that's ok with AG, but since you are selling, I and others take anything you post with a grain of salt as your income depends on what you post.  It's as simple as that.  

Many of us laugh at your posts about what you like and don't like.  You don't get out and listen like many hobbyists.  Maybe at a show and maybe some folks bring gear in for you to audition at your house/store, but in the end, I bet you haven't heard the newest Steen's, possibly Wilson's, Magico's etc....  You just aren't able to.  As anyone will tell you, show conditions are not a way to make any true impression about how things sound.  

YOU (not the we that you always post) can say what you want about how YOU categorize speakers or any other piece of equipment for that matter, but that's to your ears etc...  There are plenty of speakers that have as much resolution as the electronics can feed them and are not as demanding as you say.  To say that a speaker that is easy to set up (is that what drop and plop means? Trying to figure that one out) so it's not high resolution is painting with the broadest of brushes and highly unfair to many great designers.  

You mention Harbeth's.  I promise you that you haven't heard the latest Steen's and you haven't heard the newer Harbeth Anniversary 40.whatever it is.  I got to hear them with the newest top MSB electronics, including their new multi box DAC served by a simple Aurender N10.  Power cords were Audioquest Dragons and Hurricane's going through the Niagara 7000 power deal.  The room was as good as any room at a store that I've ever heard.  It ws magical.  A bit on the warm side of neutral as most Harbeth's are, but not 'warm' in the audiophile sense.  It had as much micro and macro detail as anything I heard in your store (Legacy and Persona).  As with any great speaker they scaled with better products feeding them.  The set up was very simple and easy, so I guess they are drop and plop???  I could easily live with that set up and love them daily.  

My Ears and Mike's system (Sarasota's Suncoast Audio)