Wilson Audio paint problems

Hi - am I the only person who has experienced problems with Wislon Audio products? I bought a brand new pair of Sofia 2s and after about 12 months they developed cracking around the top and front edge. This has spread laterally at the top if the speaker. I approached the distributor who offered to take them to a Ferrari paint shop! I called Wilson Audio but the guy I was put through to did not return my calls.

I have since purchased a pair of Duettes on Audiogon. These too have developed a light crack down the side along one of the seams. I love Wilson speakers (I have the centre and sub/sub controller too). I have invested a lot of money in the brand but now feel completely unable to get my problems sorted. Looking on the web, there seems to be a lot about WA's commitment to the client. I just feel I can't get access to it!

Does anyone else have a similar experience or advice?
krupski
04-13-09: Schipo
ok so he drinks a Shirley Temple and you still have a wrenched back...happy
If the authorized Wilson dealer delivers, installs, voices, and positions the speakers, then you don't have the wrenched back either. Happier.
Paint problems are not widespread Jaynewt. It would appear that you prefer bashing a product you probably cannot afford.
No I am not happy...I don't believe that a customer who spends five figures on a speaker system. Should be burden with the problem of repainting such an expensive unit because of what looks like inferior work.
Vwfast4me, Your story is touching except for one thing.

Wilson should have either found you another brand new pair immediatly or pushed your re-build production ahead of others.
Waiting 2 months is ridiculous!
The OP has still not weighed in on whether he purchased new from an authorized dealer under warranty. That makes all the difference concerning the customer service he can expect. All responses as to what Wilson should do and judgments that they're exhibiting poor customer service is based on assumptions and speculation.