Hendrix 50th Anniversary Electric Ladyland Box Release

Looking forward to release tomorrow. In my humble opinion one of the greatest albums ever. Imagine hearing this album when it was released, Compositionally and technically from another time and place, truly ground breaking. Thanks Jimi!!!!!!!
toneranger58
Here are a couple of posts from the Steve Hoffman forums. I can’t vouch for their accuracy:

1. it appears the CD is a DR average of [8]
and the Blu-ray is DR average of [13].
The 5.1 is a surround mix, and that in of itself is reason enough for inclusion.
Why oh why could they not at least make a new CD matching the DR average of [12] as was the 1987 CD release ?

2. Just to be clear, the blu-ray stereo mix is squashed like the CD. Just the 5.1 is DR13.

And an alternate opinion:

3.  Just got done listening to the 24/96 Stereo version. Very impressed. From the start much more information. You can plainly hear all the little bits going on in the background. Tremendous clarity, yes it’s a bit loud but IMO nothing is sacrificed. I think Kramer did a great job transferring the original tapes.

From Axis Bold As Love: "I've got my own life to live through - and I ain't gonna copy you!" - If Six Was Nine. Lest we forget, Jimi had to go to London first to be "discovered" - before his return to America. Electric Ladyland was first issued by Track Records UK with the risque cover - then replaced with the "safer" cover for the Warner's US release!
Anybody here remember seeing Hendrix on the David Frost TV show? Talked with Frost and then got to play one song - with his teeth! July '69 - before Woodstock.
I watched it on a black-n-white TV at my high school friend's house, along with his father. We thought that teeth trick was Jimi just being a show-off!