A black hole went into my Marantz SA-10!

I always use a Herbies black hole II CD disc damper. It somehow got lost inside the transport. The tray is shallow as is, so it didn't take much for it to get knocked, and in it went! So I freaked out. I looked inside behind the tray with a bright LED flashlight. I didn't see it. Everything works. Tray goes in and out without any snagging. No skipping. I'm not not very mechanical and have no idea which screws to loosen and don't want to mess with it. It happened about 30 hours of listening ago. I use the Herbies black hole CD disc damper for 6 years. When I had my Sony 5400 ES it did make a difference and was repeatable. My GF agreed. I never did the AB comparison on the Marantz. Maybe the transport on it is not tweakable since they built it themselves. I know Steve Nugent here is a big believer in some kind of damping. Anyway its playing.
128x128blueranger
The Marantz SA-10 has a five year warranty. No way am I going to modify ANYTHING in around inside, under the Marantz SA-10 I own for 4.5 more years...                        
As for fees..Yes electricity has fees, unless you make your own!And electricity also has fields. So does baseball and soccer, so do mines... and farmers... lot and lots of farmers have fields.      Magnets.Yep.

Yeah blueranger, it is not for enclosure damping that I use the VPI Brick, but rather for absorbing stray fields from the amp's transformers. But the mass of the Brick makes damping products unnecessary. Another product for dealing with those fields but without the mass of the Brick is the Shakti Stone.

Geoff's questioning of the audibility of electronic enclosure vibrations and resonances is valid. But they can't help! In a perfect world, hi-fi electronic enclosures would contain no vibrations, whether from transformers, acoustic waves from loudspeakers, or seismic activity from the Earth's crust etc. Tubes especially benefit from isolation from vibration regardless of their origination, especially the small signal tubes in phono amps and line stages, but also the input and driver tubes in power amps. Also digital devices, especially CD/SACD spinners, mechanical "reading" instruments.

My primary methods of reducing vibrations are: NOT PLAYING REALLY LOUD MUSIC in the first place.... And keeping the electronics far away from the speakers. My main rack of equipment is eight to ten feet away from the speakers, the turntables eleven to fourteen away.              
I would add the top plate of MY Marantz Sa-10 is a thick aluminum plate. There is no 'ringing'.. rapping on it produces a dull almost silent thud
I did call Marantz and I would be voiding the warranty if I put a dampening sheet on the inside top cover. I think it's silly but the rep answered straight up. So I'm thinking just put it on top. It won't be out of the way but it should serve the same purpose. I can add and take away as needed.
Damping externally for the top is probably an ok idea. I would never consider placing damping material, which is a great thermal insulator, over a transformer which can get hot.  Insulating the case too much may prevent heat disapation required by the designers, and heat is the destroyer of electronic components like capacitors.