Reel to reel deck directly to power amp ?

Thinking about my totally new future system. The main source is going to be reel to reel deck, most likely Otari two track, possibly Studer A810. I will keep the turntable and run the phono thru deck. So I will need only one input, decks have volume control and preamp. I don't think I will need separate preamp. Do you ?
Power amps could be both transistor and tube, maybe even hybrids - Lamm, as an example, would very much depend on speakers. Don't know what speakers, could be as different as Harbeth and Kharma.
inna
Sure, I am interested, if it is not too much of a bother that would be great. What is your amp ?
I have several amps here. Atma-Sphere M60s, Music Reference OTL and RM-10, Electra-Fidelity A3-500, Acoustat servos. Give me a bit of time, I will try it on the existing set up first with the Acoustat servos. If that doesn't work I'll swap in my box speakers and try the other amps.
Ralph hasn’t responded yet about the dbm question I raised, so I did some further research and it appears that what I said was correct. dbm in this context represents decibels above 1 milliwatt into 600 ohms. So the voltage numbers I calculated were correct.

It also happens that the 0.775 volt maximum output of the Technics deck that was referred to corresponds to 0 dbm, since 0.775 volts into 600 ohms corresponds to 1 milliwatt.

So the bottom line is that with some combinations of tape decks and power amps it will be possible for the power amp to be driven to full power, and with some combinations it will not be possible. Generally speaking a problem is likeliest to arise in cases in which the amp is high powered (and most or all of its power capability is actually required by the user, at least occasionally), since there tends to be a **loose** correlation between the power capability of various amplifiers and the input voltages required to drive them to full power. Although there are many exceptions to that, of course, where a higher powered amp may require less input voltage to be driven to full power than a lower powered amp.

Regards,
-- Al
Ralph will probably respond tomorrow.
Right now it appears that all this would require a careful match, which is not bad but can be complicated. Would you spend $5k more on deck or on power amp ? Studer A810 is at least that much more expensive. But it should be more versatile in terms of match
They are both toys compared to this, I guess.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EAR-Yoshino-STUDER-C37-One-Inch-Two-Track-Tube-Master-Reel-Recorder-SUPERB/...

Inna, I said it once, and I'll say it again; unless you have a source for good "blank" tape at a reasonable cost, forget about a reel to reel, and if you have a source, please inform me.