David Berning preamp..looking for suggestions

I am on a look out for a good tube preamp with preferably a reference grade phono stage inbuilt. I am moving from a tube amplification to solid state amplification primarily to feed my Tannoy Prestige with all the power it needs. In the process I dont want to end up in an all SS system which will be too much of a deviation. So I would love to have at least a tube preamp and if possible a tube phono too. I know it may ultimately involve using a SUT but I can take that much of a compromise (if at all). 

I am considering the Berning ZOTL-One preamp with in-built phono stage. There are many reviews of his power amp but not much about his preamp. Has anyone heard his preamp, any impressions (even second hand) would be very helpful.
pani
Harmonic Audio Labs SE100 by Kostas Kourkounis.
See : 15 Feb 2014 Monthly Meeting ACA at Christos Simopoulos.
You can see the first order version before final production (the big black chassis at the lower shelf).
I can't find any recent activity of this company, (anyway my point is about Tannoy/SET matching) but if you want I can ask and tell you.

The other system with GRF owned by another member of aca.gr,  my  friend Manos Kontos.
Aca's director hasn't updated his page yet, but Manos has past the Cary 845 ANV after many years of darkness, in favor of Audion Silver Night. I was present in the progress which involves countless cables and signal caps under test but the most audible difference for the better was the passive preamp. - a simple carbon pot. attenuator - (actually we've tested over 20 brands).

Good Luck

Only thread that's David Berning ZOTL Pre One focused. Nearly two years since the last post.

Since then, any additional input / comments / experience regarding the DB Pre One?

Since LTA has moved the bar forward with DBs 'design' over the past two years, any additional comments and comparative impressions of the newer LTA Preamps vs the DB Pre One?

Thanks.