My first Tube Amplifier

I have a 40 years of audio history starting with Garrard Turntable, Fisher Intergrated(SS), ADS bookself speaker on 1978.

But I started using tube amplifier on 1999.

Since then I had been using only tube amplifier in my main system.

My last SS main amplifier was Krell KSA 150 to drive Apogee Duetta Signature speakers.

http://www.jadis-electronics.com/photos/ja500/45/3/ja500.jpg

My first tube amplifier was Jadis 500 which comprised of 4 pieces weighing 120 lb each.

B&W 801 driven by Jadis 500 gave most deep and powerful bass at my home.

But it generated too much heat so it was hard to use during summer.

It was memorable experience to use it for 4 years.

I may not go back to such monster tube amplifier again.

How about you?

What is your first tube amplifier?

I bet two cents on no one had used larger one as the first tube amplifier than mine.

128x128shkong78
First tube amp .... build from kit ... GEC 912+ Used to drive their Metal cone speakers with Periphonic tweeter housed in Octagonal shaped cabinets. 

1st (and last) tube amp was the Music Reference RM-9. I had 2 of them. Had both modified by the mfr to be pentode/triode switchable (a switch mounted next to each of the 8 tube sockets). With EL34s or KT88s, triode was a taste of heaven IMO--at the cost of total output dropping from 100wpc to 50wpc (a price I was willing to pay). My plan was to strap each amp for mono, making each a 100wpc triode amp. That never happened, unfortunately.

I still have both amps and all tubes. They've been in storage since 1991.
I used to help a guy bale hay on his farm. After we finished we’d have a drink and he would turn on some music. He had put together a Heathkit amp and matching tuner, which he played through homemade speakers — ElectroVoice coaxials in big cabinets. The only thing he didn’t build was the Elac Miracord TT. He either gave it to me after one summer or I paid him some nominal amount. It was really a pretty nice setup for a college kid, and loud enough to impress the guys in the frat house one semester. It also had a lot of hiss, which I was constantly trying to lessen by replacing tubes, having no idea which to try first and not realizing it was probably just part of the package. But in the early 70s even 7-Eleven had a tube tester and tubes for sale.

I gave it to my brother when I got a job and bought a proper system — Marantz, Advent, AR table. Only tubes  since are in my Sphinx integrated amp. I recently was all set to build a small tube amp, but decided that with my limited soldering skills the power supply was more than I cared to risk. So I built a Pass amp camp amp instead. I love the sound of its MOSFETs, and ordered a second to run as mono blocks. People say they have a “tube” sound. 
My your TUBE is ceartinly larger than my Tube ! All ESL jokes aside , I started in 1973 with a Dynaco SCA-35 and a FM-3 tuner . I’ve never supersized my Stereo due to cost . So today in my Mid-Fi world and hot summers , I run a larger amp during the cooler part of the year . As far as all you “ String Pluckers “ go , thanks for adding your amps . There are two groups here , those that still have their old equipment and those that wish they did . Happy Listening , Mike B. 
Hope you understand my english, I am French
I have just buying a FX audio, and got it since one month after purchasing it on e-bay
I connect it between my Audio research CD 5 and my audio research D 200, I listen most of my CD that I prefer and I think that it sound too thin
and it is ideal for guitars tunes as low as possible, for metal (ex)
but most of time , listening to jazz (Art Blackey) I though that it is too pitched for trumpets