Basis Turntables: Worth it or Ripoff?

Are the Basis turntables and arms (ie, Vector 4) worth their asking price? They seems very expensive for you apparently are getting?
madavid0
When I got my Basis Debut Signature, I was thinking it had a kind of additional premium price tag. Not for everybody to buy. But when I am comparing design and precision with other brands I find it difficult to find any better alternative. 
If anyone know a better alternative and WHY it is better I defenitely want to know. Always looking for improvements..
One more thing about Basis - amazing customer service.  I sent them my motor, bearing and platter to check out and they did it in one day.  Adjusted the motor, oiled the bearing, checked tolerances and speed stability.   All for a $120 service charge. Great company.  

Jperry, you compared Vector 3 to Rega, but you did not give a model number for the Rega.

If you are going to compare, could you give model number and price for the two?
OP are you really looking at a long discontinued 1400 or something now in production ??????

what is your real budget ???????

stop hucking rocks at a great company you seem to know ZIP about

yes, I have real knowlege..I own a 1400 and frequently listen to other even better Basis products as friends and dealers...

the 1400 in good shape with the Rega OEM 300 arm and say a Lyra Delos on an HRS base is insane analog performance....

and the product support is THERE !!!!!!