My first Tube Amplifier

I have a 40 years of audio history starting with Garrard Turntable, Fisher Intergrated(SS), ADS bookself speaker on 1978.

But I started using tube amplifier on 1999.

Since then I had been using only tube amplifier in my main system.

My last SS main amplifier was Krell KSA 150 to drive Apogee Duetta Signature speakers.

http://www.jadis-electronics.com/photos/ja500/45/3/ja500.jpg

My first tube amplifier was Jadis 500 which comprised of 4 pieces weighing 120 lb each.

B&W 801 driven by Jadis 500 gave most deep and powerful bass at my home.

But it generated too much heat so it was hard to use during summer.

It was memorable experience to use it for 4 years.

I may not go back to such monster tube amplifier again.

How about you?

What is your first tube amplifier?

I bet two cents on no one had used larger one as the first tube amplifier than mine.

128x128shkong78
My first tube amp was the audio research vm-220 monos.  With 12 tubes each, it started to get warm since I was pushing 40 tubes in my listening room during the California summers.  To solve this, I’m reserving the AR vm-220s for the winter (thanksgiving to Easter).  I got the aesthetix atlas stereo and was impressed by the lack of feedback and a SS front end, After two months I got the atlas monos that are signature versions to take advantage of superior parts selection.  This combo mates with my Aesthetix Callisto pre in a unique way.  I’m saving my pennies to get an aesthetix Io for phono for the analog side.  I have to admit i’m Lusting after a pair of Cary 40th monos that take 845 tubes, wonderful warmth.
@mountz

You also had monster mono block tube amplifier with 12 tubes each.

I had similar experience to your. It was hard to use it during summer time.

After going through monster, you now lust for 845 tube.

I also have Line Magnetic SET tube amp using 805 which sound wonderful.

I heartily recommend you try SET amp which has a magical mid range.
shkong: I went to a buddy who has the 40th anniversary Cary with 845 and was blown away by the midrange detail, very fluid with a wide open soundstage.  I think I am going to try these out, but I worry about my speakers since they are 86 efficient and may need a little cow bell to get real low detail.
@mountz 

If you have 86 db/w speaker, it will not work well with SET amp.

You had better get another speaker for SET.

One guy bought Line Magnetice 805 SET amp(48watt) and then had been looking for optimal speaker now.
I have been thinking of Von Schweitzer Speakers, what are you using for highly efficient speakers??