Speaker recommendation for Home Theater

Ok.  I need some advice.  Here is some context:  I’ve been out of the HiFi game for over 10 years.  My last set of speakers were a Magnepan 5.1 setup with 1.6QR mains, CC3 center and surrounds and a REL B3 Sub.  These are starting to buzz due to old age and i figured I might just upgrade all around.    I do love the sound of the Maggies in a surround setup but could be up for a change.  Total budget would be about $15k (+/-) for a 5.1 setup.   I’d also be open to going 7.1.4 with some Atmos action down the road...  

I don’t do much 2 channel listening anymore - kids and forced-family-fun have ruled out time for me to sit anywhere for more than 30 seconds except when watching movies.  

What say you?  
wanderingmoo
Wanderingmoo, we can surely guide you, we are trained theater designers, and without a doubt the Kef line is one of the best you can use for home theater.

The Kef line uses a shallow horn loaded dual concentric driver, this type of design is wonderful for theater as it produces a huge sound stage without localization, also the KEF’s are very clean and detailed and they produce a clarity which makes things like breaking glass and other high frequency sounds very realistic.

You have the new KEF R series which offer a lot of the more expensive KEF Reference’s performance for  roughly 1/3 the price which makes the new R series a terrific deal.

We have a full Kef Reference theater setup and it is fantastic, we also did a smaller setup for Rev Run’s Rennovations DIY show.

Mr. Simons, aka, Rev Run from Run DMC, stated that the theater we created for him was his favorite room in his $9 million dollar home!

We would also encourage you to upgrade from a receiver to separates if possible

https://www.flickr.com/photos/58319891@N08/albums/72157650233548529

https://www.facebook.com/audiodoctor1/photos/a.813391035400778/1774439705962568/?type=3&theater

Please feel free to reach out to us and we can see if we can assist you we are dealers for: Kef, Dali, Paradigm, Quad, NAD, Audio Control, Anthem, Sony, JVC, Epson, Screen Innovations, plus many others.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

new beta website: www.audiodoctor.com/wp
Ah audiotroy pushing Kef again. To say that Kef are the best at home theatre is ridiculous. There must be hundreds of other suitable speakers and that comment is an insult to them, When I recommended from a personal view that the B&W 3 series was far superior to the Kef blades you came out and said I must have had a faulty demo! Sure.
Reading comprehension.  Not 'the best'

is one of the best you can use for home theater

One of....
With that Budget consider Legacy Silhouettes.  They are in wall speakers but awesome.  
Post removed