Reel to reel deck directly to power amp ?

Thinking about my totally new future system. The main source is going to be reel to reel deck, most likely Otari two track, possibly Studer A810. I will keep the turntable and run the phono thru deck. So I will need only one input, decks have volume control and preamp. I don't think I will need separate preamp. Do you ?
Power amps could be both transistor and tube, maybe even hybrids - Lamm, as an example, would very much depend on speakers. Don't know what speakers, could be as different as Harbeth and Kharma.
inna
Ralph, unless I got confused - one cable goes from preamp's tape-out to transformer and another from transformer to deck, as opposed to from separate phono directly to deck.
I think, my Nak's input impedance is around 50 kohm and my Acoustech's output impedance is close to 10 kohm, very high. They match very well, I can tell this.
Hard to find phono stage to impedance match pro or semi-pro deck...
Unexpected complication.
Most line-level impedances are 600-1000 ohms.  Tube amps input impedances are 50kohms to 100kohms.  Should work well.  Some solid state amps as low as 10kohms inputs .... not as much gain and frequency response issues if the nominal impedance rises sharply in the bass (as sometimes is the case).  Tube amps should be a decent bet.
Many preamps have 10kohm RCA line level input impedance, just like pro reel to reel decks. I haven't heard of many difficulties of matching separate phono's output impedance to that, though not all of them would match, of course. I think, both Al and Ralph exaggerated on this point. XLR line level input impedance, speaking of preamps not decks, can be much higher, I've seen figures of 40kohm. There are not many phono stages with XLR outs, though, and most that do are not inexpensive.
Anyway, I see it as a very workable minimalist idea and will get to it at the right moment.
My thanks to all participants.