Mapleshade boards under speakers

Hi,
Anyone try these, either the finished or unfinished, 2 or 4", with isoblocks or brass feet?
My floors are soft yellow pine, and I've made overall improvements using a panel of birchply under them, wondering what the maple would do? He certainly makes great claims for them.

Thanks
Chas
Ag insider logo xs@2xchashas1
I know there has been a lot of claims with good succuess with Maple ,but i have tried Maple a couple of times and only come up with Smearing and Dullness..Maybe I have done something wrong but I would be cautious on this aproach..Hopefully you can get some positive feedback from other memebers..I have also seen others with granite slabs on the floor under speakers also.............
Thanks, Thorman, did you place anything between the flooring and maple board?

I've tried several types of wood already, with each having a certain sound, some way too soft, robbing the bass, or some too hard, making things brittle.

Afraid to spend the money on the rather expensive maple, so far.
Chashas1 :I tried it couple ways with Brass cones( spikes ) and also BDR cones..Didn't like it either way..I had better success with a
piece of Granite directly on the floor under speakers...Much crisper bass and better mids...Hey Maybe it just me I don't know..Haven't really had much luck with Maple..I have read somewhere that Baltic Birch is much better than Straight grain Maple...But as I said I am no expert on the subject and gave up with the Idea of using Maple......Maybe you are onto something with the Birch Plywood..Maybe if you can glue up some Birch Ply layers of it and come up with a 2" thick pieces ..that might work real well..Just a thought though........
I agree with the stone. I used a 1/2" slab of limestone with Herbies big fat dots. Big and cheap improvement over spikes onto carpeted pine. As Thorman found, tighter better defined base