Update from EMM XDS1 to XDS1 V2

It is my understanding that the new MDAT2 upgrade is not available for the
"Non current" EMM XDS1. Does that mean that the MDAT2 is more than a firmware upgrade? If I really won't be using USB digital input, is it worth the
$4000 upgrade fee to get the MDAT2? Seems like loyal owners of the $25,000 list XDS1 are not being treated quite correctly?
audiobrian
Don't people who spend $25,000 on a CD player just go out and buy a new unit and not worry about upgrades?
Thanks for your understanding, Brf.

But no. I saved up for the XDS-1 because it did provide a noticeable jump over my previous DACs. And I would have expected better support.

FWIW I have been listening to the PerfectWave DirectStream recently and I really like PS Audio's track record with supporting owners with the previous gen.
The XDs1 v2 and the DAC2x have the same DAC component, and both have had updates last year to MDAT2. I suspect the XDS1 v1 DAC is not able per-se to take the new firmware, but I don't know this for a fact.
I paid for the upgrade from V1 to V2, and I'm glad I did. EMM is to be commended for giving owners the opportunity to take an older design and upgrade it to flagship status.