Stereophile Magazine question.

I just received an "Exclusive Invitation" to get Stereophile Magazine.  I haven't received it in years and was wondering if it was worth the "Exclusive Price" of $9.99 for a year?  With so many of the mags going downhill, I just wanted to hear from anyone who is receiving it.

Thanks.

JD
128x128curiousjim
The entertainment value of drooling over the advertisements is well worth less than a buck an issue. And sometimes I even find a review or article interesting!
Many years ago (mid-to late ’60s), MAD Magazine had a page or two about magazine offers- the prospect kept refusing, and the magazine marketing department kept reducing the price and increasing the perks. It was ridiculous but funny. Haven’t read MAD in a long time.
Same with Stereophile. If they did a two-fer with MAD, maybe I’d reconsider.
Also, John Atkinson is doing, as far as I know, the only bench tests in the field of consumer hi-fi publishing. The findings of those tests are of great value and interest to me.
On the testing? Yes, I agree the tests are very interesting, even if I am not interested in the product, the tests say a lot about designs, and variations in designer choices. Giving me a greater understanding of what is going on or can go on in a product.
Easily worth $10. I Look forward to it monthly. I like to get away from the computer screen and hold a magazine or a book. I also like TAS.

N