Worst Rock Band Ever !!!!

Who was/is the worst?
david99

Steve’s debut album (Children Of The Future. It’s cover looked great under a black light ;-) was credited to The Steve Miller Band, and featured Boz Scaggs solely on rhythm guitar. Boz’s own debut album was a good one, with Duane Allman playing guitar.). I had seen the band the year before (’67), and they were going by the name The Steve Miller Blues Band, which they weren’t, really.

I’ve long wondered if The Strawberry Alarm Clock name was a play on The Chocolate Watchband, the 1965-8 San Jose Garage Band.

steve miller was a natural, which is both a blessing and a curse--on the one hand he could effortlessly knock off a great, simplistic AM tune like take the money and run or the joker, while on the other hand much of his stuff is remarkably underbaked and tossed-off. his late 60s records (e.g. sailor and the above-noted children of the future), when he still cared, are really well-recorded and advanced + he had some really outstanding musicians such as boz and ben sidran (also an uncredited paul mccartney).
Ha, everybody has some band they don't like. But then there will be somebody who disagrees. That's what real diversity is all about.

The Ramones are a misunderstood band. They were an "inside joke", a wink between those who got it. They were waging a deliberate and calculated attack on Progressive Rock, which they and many other Rockers (myself included) despised. While on their first three albums they sound a little "weak" as a band (though the material isn’t), the replacement of Tommy (not a strong drummer) with Marky on the fourth (Road To Ruin, a great album. It was actually produced by Tommy.) cured that. Marky was a very "muscular" drummer, and had been in Richard Hell’s band The Voidoids (and in the Hard Rock band Dust, who put out one album in the early-70’s). The great Jazz drummer Tony Williams in an interview speaking of Marky: "Have you heard the guy in The Ramones? Now THAT is a great drummer."

Here’s a fun fact about The Ramones: In polar opposition to Spinal Tap, the two remaining living original members of The Ramones are Tommy and Marky ;-) !