Am I the only one who loves french horns?

What are your favorite recordings?
erik_squires
I pay particular attention to reproduction of French Horns when auditioning new equipment.  I have found that a piece of equipment that gets horns right usually gets everything right.  If an audition doesn't get horns right, and I mean really right, I move on.  I will never be satisfied with that equipment.   I enjoy all of Lowrider's nominations, but for me the horn is best used sparingly.  It is best appreciated as a side dish, not a main course.
So I was watching an Anime and the main character plays the Euphonium. I don't really hear about that in classical music. Any fans or recommended recordings?

E
Also called the "baritone". Answer is "no" I haven't heard any cd's featuring the instrument. IT'S a half-sized tuba BTW. But I did hear a professional someone play one for our band class to demonstrate just how great it can sound. It can sound as good as a trombone in the right hands/ uh, mouth. The French horn is a wonderful instrument as well.
Then you have the vast array of clarinets, including the Mozartian version. Bass flutes are neat too. English horns are a must for any great orchestra. The harpsichord is irreplaceable as well. The only thing I don't get are baroque violins. They just don't sound as good although I love cd's with "original instruments" anyway, regardless. As long as the ensemble knows how to do a great job it's fine with me. But I really like a bass clarinet's sound. Or a contra-bass clarinet! The modern "symphony" orchestra has more colors and vibrancy that just totally makes my day. People that have never heard one in person are (sincerely) deprived of a great experience, better than any 3-d movie, even Spielberg, Lucas, whatever. You're missing out, period. BIS records may have some interesting solo albums- the Virtuoso Series. That may be a possible source of some offbeat recordings...
Marty Feldman on french horn and Gene Wilder on violin in Young Frankenstein.