Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
mr_bill
Welcome back. I can speak to the effect of the CS 1.6 , CS 2.4 , CS 2.7 and CS 3.7 models.  The CS 1.6 is a nice 2-way speaker for the casual listener in a small to medium sized room. A subwoofer will compliment this model nicely if you want a little more low-end response. Great speaker for a near-field application as well. Next, the CS 2.4 is a sweet spot and honey of a loudspeaker to boot. There are several pairs now on eBay.  An outstanding 3-way, IMO.  Models CS 2.7 and CS 3.7 were Mr. Jim Thiel's last design which featured a modern coaxial and wavy - appearanced drivers. To date, I still wonder the number of pairs built for each loudspeaker.  All models feature beautiful and well braced cabinets, sloped baffles, for optimum  performance.  And do they ever deliver the musical goods!I cannot speak to the CS 1.5 , 2.3 nor 3.6 models.  I want to report that the CS 2.2 and CS 2.3 are represented somewhere within this thread. Check out Audio Asylum and AVS Forum, as there are a few owners across those sites.  If you have not done so, read this thread starting with post #1 to the present. An incredible amount of information is available.
Happy Listening!
I am using Kimber 8TC for Main, 4TC for rear and center. DH Labs Silver Sonic IC. I got a Sony ES TA-P9000ES 1st  but later run directly from OPPO to Amp. Amazing sound. I combined HT and SACD system into one. For 2 channel system, it is very hard to position a pair of speaker. For SACD multi-channel. Just draw a circle and use angle to measure the speaker position, super easy, esp if you have five identical speakers.
Kimber 8TC is killer cable and is a great match for Thiel in my experience.  Enjoy!
I am gathering the parts to start the 2.4 upgrade in earnest, including most caps, coils, and board from Tom Thiel. I plan to post a journal of the process, including pics. I don’t see a way to include pics on Audiogon, though. I might use audioasylum to host those, if not the whole thing. Anyone here have a better idea of how to keep it on a’gon but include pics?
@mr_bill All time best Thiels are 7.2, 3.7, and, maybe 5. What is your budget? Keep in mind that Tom Thiel is planning upgrades for crossovers of many models, including 2.4 and 3.6. Could get a superb, updated Thiel at a great price (ie, used speaker plus upgrade kit, tbd).