Tavish Design Adagio Owners

Hello 

I know that there must be a few of you out there , since there was a 12 to 14 week waiting period when I had ordered mine and they been made since 2016 .

What tubes are you using ?  Which ones have you tried ?

If you haven't changed your tubes since purchase and you want to try something new
start with the 12AU7 , like I did since it is only one tube , which I have found to have some of the greatest 
influence on the sound .  So far I've tried 3 NOS tubes from the late 50's and the 1 new one , that I am using . 

For the 5751 trio I am currently using 2 new Tung-Sol gold pin cryo treated 5751s in positions 1 and 2 ,
in position 3 I am using a 1959 GE gray long plate 12ax7 .  
For the 12AU7a position I am using a new Genalex Gold Lion gold pin cryo treated tube and 
for the EF86 positions I am using 1972 Tesla EF806s tubes .

This phono pre-amp not only sounds great but is also a whole lot of fun tube rolling !

Rob

128x128vair68robert
Glenn

That is a highly regarded and praised cartridge , You Lucky Guy .

While I can't afford a cartridge like that I can to try a 12BH7 , thanks .

Something I experienced that I'd like to pass on ,
I had 3 12ax7 GE gray long plate tubes dated within 6 months 1959/60.
I was testing them in the 3rd  position , 1 sounded ok , the 2d one sounded real good but the 3rd one sounded magical !

You might want to try each of your 5751s in the 1st position ,
or go a little further and put  JJs in #2and #3 using a GE in the 1st position rotating the other 2 in and placing the best sounding one in position 1 .
You might find a little more magic .

Rob

Glenn

That is one highly regarded and praised cartridge , you lucky guy ,
While I can't afford a cartridge like that , I can try a 12BH7 tube , thanks.

I'd like to pass on something I experienced with 3 of the same tubes 
dated within 6 months of each other 1959/60 , GE long gray plates ,
2 sounded good and one stood out like magic .
You might want to try rotating your tubes to the 1st position or
go a little further and place JJ tubes in 2 & 3 to help isolate the sound of your GE tube while listening for the magic one .

Rob