Suggestions on speakers

Gooday all just posted to amps and realized maybe i should have posted here.......new to this :0 i have just inherited a MX118 A/V pre amp and a MC7300 amp little used and am looking for suggestion on speakers....... running my CD s thru a Marantz 6006 and some KLH bookshelves that i got from my father in law which are quite amazing seeing they are 70 years old.....was a nut about this stuff in the 80,s Infinity 2.5 s bi amped with dual adcom555 s denon pre amp and a denon DP3500 DD turntable with moving coil cartridge..and thought it was pretty good then but been out of it for a long time....thanks all
celto
hi there everyone anyone have any experience with the mac SL 6 floorstanding speakers? thanks
celto, Audio Classics in Binghamton NY sells Mac speakers, so you may want to contact them. I bought a pair of Quad 2905's from them a while ago and they told me that my Quad's out performed any other pair of speakers they've carried including the MacIntosh.Aside from the various other Quad options, I'd suggest looking at a pair of Monitor Audio with ribbon tweeters. For the money they are well regarded and I've heard great things about their Platinum series.
thanks i fear i may be in search for a sound that i experienced in the 80's with my giant infinitys   loved the imagery  they had  they had ribbon tweeters and also mid range