What to do when the preamp you were ripped off on shows up online ?

Hi folks ,I bought a McIntosh C-2200 with factory box & remote ,I paid using PayPal instant payment but seller refuses to ship & refuses to refund the $3,500 I paid him ,I hesitate to say what site the stolen preamp is listed at but I've notified Agon staff of the eBay auction # as well as PayPal dispute case number ,I hate to see another audiophile get beaten out of $3,250 ,any suggestions on what to do next ? The C-2200 preamp was going to be my eldest sons Christmas present as he has coveted & drooled over the C-2200 in my all McIntosh 5 channel system ,any help would be great .
128x128bigjoe
Hi guys ,1st off I need to make sure & tell everyone here that the Agon staff has worked with me & went wayyyyy out of their way to assure no member here gets scammed like I did , I did open a case with eBay as well as PayPal who not more than 15 minutes ago sent me an email saying they've read the sellers messages to & from me and sided with me ,a full refund will be back on my credit card within 30 days.

Just so everyone knows my biggest concern isn't $3,500 ,I can wait a month to get that returned ,I don't need that money to make Christmas ,but what I do need is another McIntosh C-2200 In good shape with remote and boxes to give to my son for Christmas ,he's got kids of his own now & struggles with money as we all did when we we're young ,I gave him a pair of McIntosh XR-290s along with a pair of Emotiva 1,000 watt monoblocks because I was so proud that he & his girl bought their 1st house ,I've had my C-2200 for over 10 years I believe & he has drooled over it since I made him squeeze behind my rack to hook up the XLRs lol , for Christmas we bought our youngest & his girl a 2nd car so I really wanted this Christmas to be special for my eldest son seeing as how we spent $11,000 buying our youngest a Chevy Colorado 4wd .

Any help connecting me with another McIntosh C-2200 preamp would be appreciated ,happy holidays guys .
Bigjoe, good to hear you’ll be getting your money back. That, and you’re a great dad to do this for your son.

I don’t know if this is the same guy who did a number on you but I found this ad:https://www.ebay.com/itm/202509471015

It's a bidding war so maybe you can get a nice price for it. So far there's only 3 people showing interest.

Good luck and All the best,
Nonoise
+1 on the audio classics route. 

And if if I were you, I would shout that sellers details across every forum and chance you get (unless we are not hearing the full story). But based on what you have said, he is a crook, plain and simple, and any warning flags you can raise to keep this from happening to someone else would surely be appreciated.
Audio Classics is the best bet.  You can look on their site to see if they have a C2200 and price.  I have purchased  6 times from them for all my McIntosh equipment and have always come away fully satisfied.